Seminary Teachers listed as CES Assistant Institute Director

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bluefish

Seminary Teachers listed as CES Assistant Institute Director

Post by bluefish »

I just went in to LCR to update some releases and newly sustained Seminary teachers and found them all now reflected as CES Assistant Institute Directors. They show up this way on my laptop in LCR as well as in LDS Tools on my phone (correctly listed as "Seminary Teachers before I did a Re-Sync, but showed as "CES Assistant institute Directors" following a re-sync). This is not an intentional, right?

Will this get corrected back automatically, or do I need to go edit each one back to show each as a Seminary Teacher again?

Shawn
Stake Clerk...
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Seminary Teachers listed as CES Assistant Institute Dire

Post by jonesrk »

The name of the position type was changed on Thursday, so it changed it for everyone in the system. I'm not sure why it was done, but I've asked about it and will see what I hear back.
bluefish

Post by bluefish »

Thanks. It just doesn't strike me as an intentional new designation for seminary teachers... Let us know what you learn.
bluefish

Post by bluefish »

A little more information on this one after visiting the Stake Center and experimenting just a little:
It looks like the callings for our existing Seminary Teachers still show up correctly within MLS - Seminary Teachers are still shown as Seminary Teachers there.
I tried adding a new Seminary Teacher in LCR by selecting the Seminary Teacher calling, and the calling came into MLS as "Seminary Supervisor" and if I add the person as an additional CES Assistant Institute Director, this comes into MLS as Seminary Teacher.

Looks to me like their is a mis-mapped lookup table.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There are some new classes/manuals and requirements for Institute for credit coming out soon, that have been announced, but the implementation is still a little unclear. Maybe this is related to those changes.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
allencp

Post by allencp »

Is there any update on this change? I noticed this, as well, for our stake when updating callings on LCR. Should all seminary teachers now be labeled as "CES Assistant Institute Director?"
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

allencp wrote:Is there any update on this change?
This thread is less than 24 hours old. Let's wait for things to open up Monday.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

bluefish wrote:A little more information on this one after visiting the Stake Center and experimenting just a little:
It looks like the callings for our existing Seminary Teachers still show up correctly within MLS - Seminary Teachers are still shown as Seminary Teachers there.
I tried adding a new Seminary Teacher in LCR by selecting the Seminary Teacher calling, and the calling came into MLS as "Seminary Supervisor" and if I add the person as an additional CES Assistant Institute Director, this comes into MLS as Seminary Teacher.

Looks to me like their is a mis-mapped lookup table.
When this kind of change is made in CDOL they have to be manually triggered to be sent down to MLS. That wasn't done so MLS still has the old titles.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jonesrk wrote:The name of the position type was changed on Thursday, so it changed it for everyone in the system. I'm not sure why it was done, but I've asked about it and will see what I hear back.
I heard back and it was changed by accident. There were several Seminary and Institute position type names that were changed accidentally. They have all been corrected now. Some systems cache those position type names, so it may take up to a day for it to work its way out of the system completely.
bluefish

Post by bluefish »

I see the Seminary Teachers are now updated again and are now reflected within LCR and LDS Tools as "Volunteer Seminary Instructor."

I guess this is an updated title, but at least correctly seems to describe a seminary teacher again. ;-)

Thanks!!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”