Unit Statistics

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

Re: Unit Statistics

Post by drepouille »

I like to use the Action and Interview List in LCR to find young men overdue for ordination.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
opee

Post by opee »

So my initial question used YM as an example, and I am aware that there are other ways to get the information other than using a hyperlink in the Quarterly Report, but I'm looking to understand the principle here.

We have been encouraged by our Stake and Area leaders to offload some of the labors that Bishops have dealt with in the past, but should be covered by EQ presidents and others. I am wondering why those leaders who could benefit from the easy access to the information on the Quarterly Report have to search for it through a "backdoor" approach rather than having access to the hyperlinks that the Bishopric and Clerks do.

I don't think that an EQ president or HPGL or RS President has access to the hyperlinks. They would benefit from access to the data behind the scenes--and getting to it quickly using the Quarterly Report than having to open a different report or screen. Trying to understand how these excellent tools that are accessible online can be used more effectively by more leaders in the WC than having to either ask the Bishop(ric) for assistance, or navigating to other screens for basically the same information...
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

opee wrote:Trying to understand how these excellent tools that are accessible online can be used more effectively by more leaders in the WC than having to either ask the Bishop(ric) for assistance, or navigating to other screens for basically the same information...
No one here can answer exactly why the permissions are the way they are. We can only guess. Even the developers may not know. They are given a big matrix of exactly what permissions to give what callings and I doubt there is an explanation for each one.

I can say that there are some things in those links that are considered sensitive even for RS or EQ presidents, specifically recommend status information. I'm pretty sure that information will not be made directly available to auxiliaries. It can be shared by the bishop when he feels it appropriate but as a general rule only the extended bishopric can see that.

So permissions would have to be fine grained enough to allow access to some links but not others. It's quite possible they didn't think it worth the effort to do that given the appropriate information is available elsewhere.

Personally, when I was a clerk the auxiliaries hardly ever looked at the quarterly reports unless I pointed out significant trends to them. Even with the cool new features in LCR I wouldn't think that most of them would think to look for information there when it's more obviously available in their own organization sections.

But regardless of that permissions do seem to be reviewed with some regularity. So submitting feedback with your thoughts wouldn't hurt.
opee

Post by opee »

eblood66 wrote:So submitting feedback with your thoughts wouldn't hurt.
Do I submit this feedback on the LCR system? Thanks for your reply.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

opee wrote:
eblood66 wrote:So submitting feedback with your thoughts wouldn't hurt.
Do I submit this feedback on the LCR system? Thanks for your reply.
Yes, use the Feedback link on the left side of Leader and Clerk Resources, towards the bottom.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”