Access to Membership receords

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zegarraarturo

Access to Membership receords

Post by zegarraarturo »

Hi,

Would it be possible to have access Membership records. I am Elder's Quorum president and I am trying to keep the list of Phone numbers and emails up-to-date as possible in order to avoid having a private list on excel. But I find it really difficult to have to go to the ward office in order to submit the changes. Sometimes it is just an email or update the address or phone number. I am waiting a month in order to update the database instead of going once a week. It is not clear for me how can I have access to this information in the MLS and not in LDS.

BR.,

Arturo Zegarra
eblood66

Re: Access to Membership receords

Post by eblood66 »

Updating membership records is a clerk responsibility. LCR assigns permissions based on responsibilities as outlined in the handbook. I think it is very unlikely that Elders Quorum presidents will ever be given rights to update membership records in LCR.

In MLS it was up to the Bishop to decide what rights to give to each user. But no such latitude is allowed for LCR.

But even in MLS the EQP did not have rights to update membership records in any units I've been part of. And if I remember right the old MLS only recommended Organization rights for quorum and auxiliary leaders,not update rights.

Generally if an organization leader gets updated contact information he or she would give that to a clerk to update in all the units I've known of.
drepouille

Re: Access to Membership receords

Post by drepouille »

During the annual membership audit, I counseled ward clerks that Elders quorum presidencies, HPG leaders, and Relief Society presidencies should NOT be granted View Membership or Edit Membership privileges in MLS. One clerk argued that he depends on those presidencies to collect changes to addresses and telephone numbers, and update MLS themselves. I tried to convince him that doing so was a clerk responsibility, but he was not convinced. I am glad that LCR is now enforcing this principle.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”