Request from my wards Relief Society President - Entering VT

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Jlieber

Request from my wards Relief Society President - Entering VT

Post by Jlieber »

It has been requested that all the district supervisors report to a single person who then adds all the VT information. This was being done using MLS (I am new to the clerk position and was just made aware of this) using a single login. Now with LCR the person that was responsible (Who is also a District Supervisor) can only see the district she is responsible for.

I have been asked if there is another way for them to continue doing things the way they were doing them before...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Request from my wards Relief Society President - Enterin

Post by russellhltn »

Jlieber wrote:Now with LCR the person that was responsible (Who is also a District Supervisor) can only see the district she is responsible for.
Is this person also listed with the standard calling of VT Coordinator? If not, then that's the problem.

It's also possible that the system is getting confused with dual callings. In that case, it should be recorded as a bug using the Feedback link in LCR.

Then again, before doing that, you should probably sit down with the coordinator and make sure you understand the problem. There's been other situations here when it turns out the person was looking in the wrong area.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You'll need to change the VT Coordinator calling to a standard position so that she can get rights from that calling instead of just the VT Supervisor
Jlieber

Post by Jlieber »

Tunes out someone had created a calling (custom) with the exact name as the official calling. I have fixed that and asked the sister in question to check her account.

Thank you all for the help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Jlieber wrote:Tunes out someone had created a calling (custom) with the exact name as the official calling. I have fixed that and asked the sister in question to check her account.
It used to take a bit of time after the calling update for rights to get to all the other systems. Perhaps a day or so.

Just as a note, it's easy to tell who is in a custom calling by checking the CDOL. Anyone listed in orange text is in a custom position and will NOT have any special rights to on-line tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: Just as a note, it's easy to tell who is in a custom calling by checking the CDOL. Anyone listed in orange text is in a custom position and will NOT have any special rights to on-line tools.
LCR also indicates who has custom callings. They put an asterisk by the calling (with a note at the bottom of the page).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”