Locate member information

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
gearyst
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 am

Locate member information

Postby gearyst » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm and ExecSec. My bishop would like to talk to the parents of one of our ward members. Is there some way for me to find contact information for the parents? It looks like all I can get is the membership number of the ward member.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6131
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Locate member information

Postby lajackson » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:29 pm

gearyst wrote:I'm and ExecSec. My bishop would like to talk to the parents of one of our ward members. Is there some way for me to find contact information for the parents? It looks like all I can get is the membership number of the ward member.

I gather that the parents live outside of your stake. The Membership Department will give a bishop the name and phone number of the bishop of a member, so with the name and membership number, he should be able to make contact with the bishop of the parent. That bishop would then decide how best to initiate contact.

User avatar
mfmohlma
Senior Member
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: Hillsboro, OR

Re: Locate member information

Postby mfmohlma » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:53 pm

I'm not sure of the visibility to executive secretaries, but if the parents are members, at least the ward clerk can see what ward they are in on LCR under the "Household" tab, then under "Family". The link there gives contact information for the bishop and a direct link to CDOL, where one can find contact information for other leadership in that ward.

gearyst
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 am

Re: Locate member information

Postby gearyst » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Yes, the parents are far away. All I have access to is the membership number of the member in our ward, not the membership(s) number of her parents. Will the Membership Department give my bishop the name of the parents' bishop with just the membership number of our ward member?

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2484
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: Locate member information

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:56 pm

mfmohlma wrote:I'm not sure of the visibility to executive secretaries, but if the parents are members, at least the ward clerk can see what ward they are in on LCR under the "Household" tab, then under "Family". The link there gives contact information for the bishop and a direct link to CDOL, where one can find contact information for other leadership in that ward.

To clarify, "the link" is under the right-most "Unit Number" column by the parents' names on a person's individual profile page on Leader and Clerk Resources (lcr.lds.org). To get there, go to an individual profile page, click on the "Household" tab under their name, then click on "Family." The unit number represents the ward the parents are in and clicking on it will show ward information, as mfmohlma says. I would be surprised if the Executive Secretary doesn't have access to see that.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6131
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Locate member information

Postby lajackson » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:32 pm

gearyst wrote:Yes, the parents are far away. All I have access to is the membership number of the member in our ward, not the membership(s) number of her parents. Will the Membership Department give my bishop the name of the parents' bishop with just the membership number of our ward member?

Look on the membership record of the member in your ward. It will have the names of the parents. Your bishop will identify the member of your ward, by name and record number or date of birth. He can then name the parent he wishes to contact, and he should be given information so that he will be able to contact that person's bishop.

Better yet, the previous two posts have explained how the bishop or clerk may look up the information directly themselves without even calling Church headquarters.

You do have the membership record, right? If not, you will not find the information you need, and your bishop probably will not be given any information at all if he calls.


Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests