Sending messages to the ward using "send message"

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jssedillo

Sending messages to the ward using "send message"

Post by jssedillo »

Why does the quotation marks and apostrophes show up with funny symbols when you send it out? I changed to different fonts and got the same results. :confused:
Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sending messages to the ward using "send message"

Post by russellhltn »

Most likely because the message was composed in something like MS Word, which has a nasty habit of converting a standard ASCII double quote ("quote") into the fancier opening and closing quotes (“quote”) - which isn't always web friendly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:Most likely because the message was composed in something like MS Word, which has a nasty habit of converting a standard ASCII double quote ("quote") into the fancier opening and closing quotes (“quote”) - which isn't always web friendly.
It's not a bug -- it's a feature! In MS Word, Proofing, AutoCorrect Options, AutoFormat As You Type, Replace as you type, "Straight quotes" with "smart quotes".
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:It's not a bug -- it's a feature!
I have always been amazed that a computer program would be so proud as to think it knew better than I did what I was trying to do or say. Where is President Benson when we need him? [smile]

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”