I SHOULD NOW BE ABLE TO BE SHOWN PRIESTHOOD LINEAGE

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
RONNEWSON

I SHOULD NOW BE ABLE TO BE SHOWN PRIESTHOOD LINEAGE

Post by RONNEWSON »

I SHOULD BE ABLE GET MY ELDER OR HIGH PRIEST LINE OF AUTHORITY OFF OF LDS ORG SINCE THIS INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE.
WHO ORDAINED ME IS AVAILABLE IN MY CHURCH RECORD AND THE ORDINATION LINEAGE SHOULD BE EASILY AVAILABLE AS LONG AS IT IS IN THE RECORDS DOWN LINE FROM ME.
FOE EXAMPLE, I WAS ORDAINED TO HIGH PRIEST BY LARRY L. HICKMAN. HE WAS ORDAINED BY WILLIAM R. SIDDOWAY AND SO ON.

SHOULD BE AN EASY SOFTWARE CHANGE TO MAKE TO TRACE THE AUTHORITY LINEAGE.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: I SHOULD NOW BE ABLE TO BE SHOWN PRIESTHOOD LINEAGE

Post by aebrown »

It's already possible for you to obtain your Priesthood Line of Authority, by following the process outlined in Request a Priesthood Line of Authority. It's an email process, rather than a website process like you suggested, but the result is the same.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since you posted in the "Leader and Clerk Resources" forum I am assuming you think that feature should be under LCR. My only comment is that not everyone has access to LCR. This would not be a good location for this feature.

The forum is primarily user-to-user support. Those who make the decisions necessary to implement new programs or make changes to existing programs or web applications do not normally frequent the forum. Any suggestions you have for LDS.org should be submitted using the feedback link found at the bottom of the page on most LDS.org pages. If the page you are on does not have the feedback link you can use the link on any other page that does have the link, including the LDS.org home page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I imagine that one reason it may not be automated is that there are probably gaps that would need to be researched. I'm not 100% sure that the old records lists the MRN of the person who ordained. It may be just the name requiring some research to take it back another generation.

Plus, the computer records probably only goes back to the 1970's - more research would be needed if this became a new line that hadn't been digitized before.

I would suspect that a decision was made to research it "as needed" rather than try to undertake the research needed to computerize the whole thing. Hence the email process rather than a portal. There are other projects in need of attention.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: I Should Now Be Able To Be Shown Priesthood Lineage

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I imagine that one reason it may not be automated is that there are probably gaps that would need to be researched.
Another reason is that lineage is determined based on the priesthood office the person ordaining held at the time of the ordination. For example, if I ordained someone when I was an elder, his line of authority would be different than if I ordained him when I was a high priest.
abarasmith

PLA

Post by abarasmith »

Lineofauthourity.LDS.org

Moderator edit: Please see spelling/punctuation update/correction.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: PLA

Post by rmrichesjr »

abarasmith wrote:Lineofauthourity.LDS.org
If that's a suggestion for a subdomain name, it would need a spelling correction (the extra second 'u') and should be updated. Otherwise, as stated in the second post of this thread/topic, the process to request a line of authority is done by email rather than over the web. Please see these pages found by a search for this on-site search: priesthood line of authority:

https://www.ChurchofJesusChrist.org/stu ... y?lang=eng

https://www.ChurchofJesusChrist.org/hel ... y?lang=eng

https://www.ChurchofJesusChrist.org/chu ... y?lang=eng

Those articles refer to "@ldschurch.org", which should be updated to "@ChurchofJesusChrist.org" if I'm reading this article correctly (about 3/4 of the way down in the article): https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/ ... id=NAMEBAN

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”