LCR 3.0 - How to tag as full-time missionary

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
williatf

LCR 3.0 - How to tag as full-time missionary

Post by williatf »

Full-Time Missionaries is now an Organizations report option, but not all full-time missionaries from my ward are listed. I see no way to tag a member as a full-time missionary and have them show up on that report. And, for some of the missionaries on the report, they don't show as having a calling in the system.

How does a full-time missionary's calling get recorded?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: LCR 3.0 - How to tag as full-time missionary

Post by scgallafent »

The full-time missionary information displayed in LCR comes from the missionary department. There is no way for you to record a calling as a full-time missionary.
williatf

Post by williatf »

Is there an appropriate way to alert the missionary dept about the issue?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Contact the GSC. They will be able to verify the issue exists and then escalate it to the developers for review.
williatf

Post by williatf »

You're a model of specificity... :)

GSC =
Golden Screen Cinemas
Grocery Supply Company
Genomic Standards Consortium
Graduate Student Council

Is there a link or phone number that you could provide? I'm not a church employee and I'm not familiar with the acronyms and inner-workings of the professional church organization.

Thanks for your help!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

williatf wrote:You're a model of specificity... :)

GSC =
Golden Screen Cinemas
Grocery Supply Company
Genomic Standards Consortium
Graduate Student Council

Is there a link or phone number that you could provide? I'm not a church employee and I'm not familiar with the acronyms and inner-workings of the professional church organization.

Thanks for your help!
Global Service Center. See this page in the Help Center.
williatf

Post by williatf »

Per the GSC, the member's home unit was tagged incorrectly (it was still showing as the prior unit). I can't see "Home Unit" in LCR. Only "Current Unit" and "Prior Unit." I find it a little weird that there is a "Home Unit" and "Current Unit". I presume there's a need for both (maybe for kids who go off to school)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It appears this may be the same problem as expressed in Full Time Missionaries - Mismatch. It appears the list of full-time missionaries is based on "submitting" unit and not "membership" unit. I suspect this is a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

williatf wrote:Per the GSC, the member's home unit was tagged incorrectly (it was still showing as the prior unit). I can't see "Home Unit" in LCR. Only "Current Unit" and "Prior Unit." I find it a little weird that there is a "Home Unit" and "Current Unit". I presume there's a need for both (maybe for kids who go off to school)?
These are located in the Missionary Online Recommendation System, managed by the missionary department. Only the Ward Clerk and Bishop can log into that system to see information on a ward level.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

williatf wrote:Per the GSC, the member's home unit was tagged incorrectly (it was still showing as the prior unit). I can't see "Home Unit" in LCR. Only "Current Unit" and "Prior Unit." I find it a little weird that there is a "Home Unit" and "Current Unit". I presume there's a need for both (maybe for kids who go off to school)?
Home Unit is only for full-time missionaries and isn't part of the membership record but rather part of the missionary department records. The way to see the units involved for a missionary is to use the Missionary Recommendation system. That information doesn't show up in LCR (at least not directly).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”