VISITING TEACHING AND COMPASSIONATE SERVICE LEADER

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: VISITING TEACHING AND COMPASSIONATE SERVICE LEADER

Post by russellhltn »

nikk3hi3tala wrote:I've always understood that as a reference to VT coordinator and VT district supervisors, which are standard callings
That's certainly one way to do it, but the Handbook (as currently worded) doesn't appear to limit it to that. But that may change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jschaub

Post by jschaub »

Our RS president is also requesting the ability to give access to Visiting Teaching lists for the Compassionate Service Coordinator.
SunshynGrl

Post by SunshynGrl »

jschaub wrote:Our RS president is also requesting the ability to give access to Visiting Teaching lists for the Compassionate Service Coordinator.
I'm the RS president, and it would be very convenient for my compassionate service leaders to have access to the VT information. Just sayin'. ;)
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

sbradshaw wrote:There's no way to assign permissions in Leader and Clerk Resources other than assigning a person to a standard calling that provides access. If the visiting teaching assignments don't change very often, you could provide a paper or PDF list.
Please give Compassionate Service Leaders the default permission to have access to Ministering Brothers and Sister assignments. It is ESSENTIAL to their calling.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

dbollard99 wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:There's no way to assign permissions in Leader and Clerk Resources other than assigning a person to a standard calling that provides access. If the visiting teaching assignments don't change very often, you could provide a paper or PDF list.
Please give Compassionate Service Leaders the default permission to have access to Ministering Brothers and Sister assignments. It is ESSENTIAL to their calling.
No one on this forum has the ability to do what you ask (this forum is primarily user-to-user tech support). The default permissions are set by the programmers who receive their direction from the Brethren. The best thing you can do to pass along your request is to send feedback through the LDSTools app and/or LDS.org. You may also ask your high councilor to bring the request to the stake president who may pass it along through his coordinating council. None of this will guarantee a change, but at least then your voice may be heard.

As the ward clerk, I provide a copy of the (formerly) HT and VT lists to the RS Compassionate Service coordinator periodically. It is not an elegant solution, but it does work and allows her to access to what you claim is "essential in her calling." I find it interesting that LCR and LDSTools have only been in existence for a few years and yet access has suddenly become "ESSENTIAL"
jerimeaux

Post by jerimeaux »

I have submitted this request to the programmers multiple times and have never heard back. As RS secretary I am able to download the, now, Ministering Assignments (brothers and sisters) as a pdf which I email to the Compassionate Service Coordinator monthly (and I schedule a prompt on my phone). It would be most helpful for this calling to be assigned access to that report so that they have the latest companionship update.
joedobbins

Post by joedobbins »

I agree...please provide Compassionate Service Leaders the access to Ministering Brothers and Ministering Sisters assignments via LDS Tools. - Thank you, Bishop Joe Dobbins
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joedobbins wrote:I agree...please provide Compassionate Service Leaders the access to Ministering Brothers and Ministering Sisters assignments via LDS Tools. - Thank you, Bishop Joe Dobbins
The forum is primarily user-to-user support. While we do have some developers who visit, they don't have the authority to make that decision.

It's best to either submit feedback via the main page, or, in your case, ask the stake president to escalate the request though his "upline"/presiding authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

davesudweeks wrote:
dbollard99 wrote:
No one on this forum has the ability to do what you ask (this forum is primarily user-to-user tech support). The default permissions are set by the programmers who receive their direction from the Brethren. The best thing you can do to pass along your request is to send feedback through the LDSTools app and/or LDS.org. You may also ask your high councilor to bring the request to the stake president who may pass it along through his coordinating council. None of this will guarantee a change, but at least then your voice may be heard.

As the ward clerk, I provide a copy of the (formerly) HT and VT lists to the RS Compassionate Service coordinator periodically. It is not an elegant solution, but it does work and allows her to access to what you claim is "essential in her calling." I find it interesting that LCR and LDSTools have only been in existence for a few years and yet access has suddenly become "ESSENTIAL"
I meant that a Compassionate Service Leader's ability to know or have access to Ministering Brother and Sister assignments is the ESSENTIAL part to their calling, and not specifically LCR or LDS Tools. Although, with as much effort the church has put into converting to digital, I would argue that this should be a standard access point for this particular calling, and is a very important one if the church expects us to rely on these tools. But whatevs.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”