LCR won't let me add out-of-unit member to calling

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LCR won't let me add out-of-unit member to calling

Post by jdlessley »

scgallafent wrote:
bretpetersen1 wrote:We added the out of unit members using MLS. Could that be the problem?
Yes. The out-of-unit member handling in MLS is not tied to the out-of-unit member support in LCR 3.0.
It is because of this that after the rollout of LCR 3.0 that any unit that had out-of-unit leaders previously entered using MLS must use LCR to re-enter those leaders to have them, if they wish, on the LCR membership list. Those out-of-unit leaders should not have been removed from their position from the change, but they will not be on the membership list for any other purposes.

Any out-of-unit members called to positions in your unit after the change to LCR 3.0 will have to be first entered as an out-of-unit member before they will be available for selection to a calling position. Note, when attempting to enter an out-of-unit member name not on the membership list that there is a message displayed that says "Your search by name or MRN did not return any valid results, either because the information you entered is incorrect, or because the results are not allowed in this context. For someone serving from outside the ward or branch, please add him or her as an out-of-unit member." The words "out-of-unit member" is a hyperlink to "Add Out-of-Unit Member" under "Manage Out-of-Unit Members" found in the Membership menu item -- a nice reminder & help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

So the process in LCR to get an out-of-unit member into a calling is generally the same as it was in MLS.
1. Add the individual as an out-of-unit member.
2. Put them into the calling.

As a courtesy, members in out-of-unit callings when LCR 3.0 was turned on were kept in those callings. However, an out-of-unit record was not made.

And if you try to put an out-of-unit member into a calling in LCR 3.0 and the name search comes up empty, LCR 3.0 will assist you by providing a link so you may add the out-of-unit member, after which you should be able to put them in a calling.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:So the process in LCR to get an out-of-unit member into a calling is generally the same as it was in MLS.
1. Add the individual as an out-of-unit member.
2. Put them into the calling.

As a courtesy, members in out-of-unit callings when LCR 3.0 was turned on were kept in those callings. However, an out-of-unit record was not made.

And if you try to put an out-of-unit member into a calling in LCR 3.0 and the name search comes up empty, LCR 3.0 will assist you by providing a link so you may add the out-of-unit member, after which you should be able to put them in a calling.
And, if I understand things, one could type in the MRN for the calling and both the calling and the out-of-unit member creation would be done in one step.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:And, if I understand things, one could type in the MRN for the calling and both the calling and the out-of-unit member creation would be done in one step.
That is what I originally thought, but that is not what is being said in this topic. Now I have not actually tried to add an out-of-unit member, and maybe all you need is the name and the MRN to do that. (That would be nice.)

But it appears you actually have to add the out-of-unit member into LCR 3.0 before you can put them in a calling, just as it was in MLS.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

My experience has been that when I tried to add an out-of-unit leader directly to a calling by simply inputting the MRN I got the message I posted here. Even after an out-of-unit member record was created I still could not just enter the MRN in the name textbox, even though the prompt stated "Member Name or MRN". (Bold & italics added for emphasis)
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I wonder if it's picky about the MRN format? (leading/no leading zeros, dash/no dash)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jdlessley wrote:My experience has been that when I tried to add an out-of-unit leader directly to a calling by simply inputting the MRN I got the message I posted here. Even after an out-of-unit member record was created I still could not just enter the MRN in the name textbox, even though the prompt stated "Member Name or MRN". (Bold & italics added for emphasis)
They've changed things since I tested it. Now you have to create the out of unit record first.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:I wonder if it's picky about the MRN format? (leading/no leading zeros, dash/no dash)
In the callings screen it needs the leading zeros, but in the out of unit member you don't need them.

In both places it worked fine with or without the dash.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:In the callings screen it needs the leading zeros, but in the out of unit member you don't need them.
Hmmm. Consistency would be nice.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”