Full Time Missionaries - Mismatch

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
RichardGamble

Re: Full Time Missionaries - Mismatch

Post by RichardGamble »

jdlessley wrote:
RichardGamble wrote:It seems like, at a minimum, Full Time Missionaries whose records are in our ward should be displayed on the list of Full Time Missionaries in our ward.
There are four units identified with a missionary. They are the Home Unit, Submitting Unit, Funding Unit, and Membership Unit. The Home Unit is where the missionary's parents records are assigned. The Submitting Unit is the unit the missionary's record was in when the application was submitted. The Funding Unit is the unit accepting financial responsibility for the missionary. And the Membership Unit is the unit in which the missionary's record is currently assigned.

The Membership Unit is the unit in which the missionary's name should appear in the "Full Time Missionaries" list.

Without knowing what is on record for each missionary for each unit type described in the OP I have no idea if there is a bug in the program or not.

The ward clerk or bishop can check the Missionary Online Recommendation System to see what missionaries are associated with their unit and what other units are associated with those missionaries.

Once the Membership unit for each of the OP missionaries is known then we can tell if there is a problem or not.
In my original post, I identified the Membership Unit status for each of the two missionaries in question. Is there anything else that I can provide which would be helpful?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There isn't anything a clerk can do to change the list of full-time missionaries. The information in LCR comes from the Missionary Department. If the list is incorrect, please contact the GSC. They will be able to verify the issue exists and then escalate it to the developers for review.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:If the list is incorrect,
The problem is knowing which list it should be. It sounds like it's the submitting unit when it was expected to be the membership unit. But "expected" doesn't make it the "right" list.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

RichardGamble wrote:In my original post, I identified the Membership Unit status for each of the two missionaries in question. Is there anything else that I can provide which would be helpful?
Did you grab this information from the Missionary Online Recommendation System? You should see the missionaries in question with an "Other Units" link next to their name.

We have a missionary whose parents moved after she left on her mission. Her name (correctly) does not appear in LUS as one of our full-time missionaries. MORS states that her Membership Unit is the same as her Home Unit, which shows as her parents' new ward.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

russellhltn wrote:The problem is knowing which list it should be. It sounds like it's the submitting unit when it was expected to be the membership unit. But "expected" doesn't make it the "right" list.
You should see missionaries whose membership record resides in your ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:You should see missionaries whose membership record resides in your ward.
Thank you for that clarification. The OP has stated that that's not happening.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RichardGamble

Post by RichardGamble »

I talked to the Global Servive Center (GSC) and the agent looked at the records of the two missionaries. She agreed that there might be an error in the system and forwarded the details to the developers for possible updates to the system.
RichardGamble

Post by RichardGamble »

Had to call the Missionary Department. They looked at the record that should have been in our Ward and made the change in the system. After a couple of days, it appeared in the list of Full Time Missionaries from our Ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RichardGamble wrote:They looked at the record that should have been in our Ward and made the change in the system. After a couple of days, it appeared in the list of Full Time Missionaries from our Ward.
Which raises the question - was the data wrong, or did they just work around a problem?

kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

kisaac wrote:It's likely the display for your ward can be corrected by a clerk (maybe your stake clerk) calling the missionary department
it seems like the call by a clerk is the simple solution to reset a wrong code to make the right names appear in your Ward. The process seems far less automatic for moving missionaries than one might expect, probably because of the variables.

I had to call my ward clerk several months after my daughter left on her mission and ask them why the singles ward hadn't sent her records back to her home Ward (our ward, and I didn't ask why our Ward hadn't pulled it already!). We had been the funding Ward all along, as far as I knew, but yet we had no record for her in our Ward or stake....
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”