Stake Family History Center Director

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
johnshaw

Re: Stake Family History Center Director

Post by johnshaw »

Dana,

I had this same issue in my previous stake, our 5 FHC's were all associated with the Stake (child), and the 'unit' designation is just not really applicable - We created non-standard naming so people figure out who was in charge of which centers. I'm not even certain if that would work anymore.

I hope what Ryan is looking at will work.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure if it's changed, but I suspect the "keys to the kingdom (calling)" where granted based on data from the FamilySearch side rather than the Stake calling side. So this might be a case where custom callings are the way to go - for now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

That's correct, one of the onboarding procedures for a new director is to have them call the helpdesk and get setup.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
KathrynGZ

Post by KathrynGZ »

russellhltn wrote:Trying to find more information isn't easy. Handbook 2 says "see the Administrative Guide for Family History". But I can't find it. The closest I come is the Operations guide, but it's written more for the Director than for the Stake leaders.
While searching for this information myself, I ran across the answer. Leader Resources for Melchizedek Priesthood states, "A new online guide titled To Turn the Hearts: Leader’s Guide to Temple and Family History is available to help priesthood leaders learn their responsibilities in overseeing and coordinating family history efforts. This guide replaces the Administrative Guide for Family History referenced in Handbook 2: 5.4.7."

hth,
Kathryn
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I just looked at the stake callings in the directory at lds.org. All four FHC directors in my stake are now listed as "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant".

Has the Stake FHC Director calling been deleted or renamed?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I just looked at the stake callings in the directory at lds.org. All four FHC directors in my stake are now listed as "Stake Temple and Family History Consultant".
I'm seeing the same.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

https://www.lds.org/church/news/church- ... s?lang=eng

As of February 9, all family history callings have changed. Read the First Presidency's letter from the link on the changes.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

“To simplify our efforts in finding names and taking them to the temple—going forward, all family history consultants, center directors, and indexing directors at all levels will now be called temple and family history consultants,” Elder Cook announced.

faithsf

Post by faithsf »

So isn't the stake family history center director now called the stake family history center lead consultant? I used to be one of the stake family history center directors in the Westland Michigan Stake. After I was released they changed the stake family history center into becoming a ward family history center.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Standard Callings for Stake Temple Family History Center Staff
o Stake Temple and Family History Consultant--Family History Center (was the director)
o Stake Temple and Family History Consultant (all other callings)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”