Temporary Membership Records

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Temporary Membership Records

Post by russellhltn »

nikk3hi3tala wrote:Wouldn't creating temporary records for excommunicated members just confuse the counting of HT? Are visits to excommunicated members counted in the quarterly reports? I would have assumed that not.
I believe MLS took that into account in calculating the quarterly report from the HT/VT visits.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I haven't created any temporary records yet, so I don't know if there are any limitations, such as whether the person can be home taught. We shouldn't count any temporary records in reports.
instofstrtgcthgt

Post by instofstrtgcthgt »

scgallafent wrote:What you're trying to do will not be supported. LCR will not support the creation of non-member records and we will be phasing this capability out of MLS. This is a conscious decision, partly related to privacy issues.
With regards to privacy, we do use this process for all ex-com'd members only those who request it and are being fellow-shipped as part of the repentance process. There needs to be some non one-off process to track the ministry of these folks and allow my High Priests -whose stewardship it is to "rescue the one" to be more successful. When we have to manage things outside of the standard methods for insuring that all are accounted for, people get lost and frustration ensues on both parties.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This seems like something that could be tracked on the missionary progress report. I've never dealt with an excommunicated member, but aren't they taught by the missionaries, etc. as if they were an investigator?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:This seems like something that could be tracked on the missionary progress report. I've never dealt with an excommunicated member, but aren't they taught by the missionaries, etc. as if they were an investigator?
No. An excommunicated member is the responsibility of the bishop and stake president. The missionaries are not normally involved at all.

And when a member is prepared and ready to be readmitted by baptism, it is not a convert baptism and is not tracked as part of missionary work.
cwilke1

Post by cwilke1 »

instofstrtgcthgt wrote:
With regards to privacy, we do use this process for all ex-com'd members only those who request it and are being fellow-shipped as part of the repentance process. There needs to be some non one-off process to track the ministry of these folks and allow my High Priests -whose stewardship it is to "rescue the one" to be more successful. When we have to manage things outside of the standard methods for insuring that all are accounted for, people get lost and frustration ensues on both parties.
It seems like such a rare situation that its OK for it not to be included with the rest of the "standard methods". When people are sent on a "special mission", they usually remember it well without needing to see it on the printed piece of paper in front of them. If a leader gives someone an assignment to help out and minister to such a member on the path back from excommunication, the leader can handwrite it on the sheet with a pen.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I doubt the system would let you create an "out of unit" record for an excommunicated member. Yes, church headquarters keeps track of these people, but I doubt the business rules would let you create the out of unit record in this situation, as the person is no longer a church member.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”