Entering Home/Visiting Teaching

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
deggertsen

Re: Entering Home/Visiting Teaching

Post by deggertsen »

johnshaw wrote:Once you start allowing people to put in comments you are recording private information about people and start to become required to submit to laws that come into play in the United States, not to mention every other country in the world.
That is a good point; however, what could be done instead of writing in comments about a family or something you could simply have a checkbox requesting a PPI or something. That way if you check that box the Quorum Presidency would know there is something that you needed to speak with them about and it wouldn't disclose personal information. Plus it would encourage having normal PPIs which unfortunately rarely have happened in any of the wards I have been in. It still think that to not include personal reporting in the lds.org system would be a terrible waste of technology. So easy to implement and it would make it so much easier to get home teaching reporting in...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Entering Home/Visiting Teaching

Post by russellhltn »

Deggertsen wrote:That is a good point; however, what could be done instead of writing in comments about a family or something you could simply have a checkbox requesting a PPI or something. That way if you check that box the Quorum Presidency would know there is something that you needed to speak with them about and it wouldn't disclose personal information.
In years past I've had discussions with those in the know who have indicated even that's not likely to happen. I'm not sure as I can disclose why, but I'll just say the decision is reasoned and not arbitrary. Disappointing maybe, but that tends to be life.

Personally, I think more PPIs would be a good thing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”