High priest and Elder assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
myronl

Re: High priest and Elder assignments

Post by myronl »

aebrown wrote:
rhwolf wrote:What do I need to do to in addition to assigning someone to the EQ or HPG to get that organization to also be responsible for their home teaching?
Assign them a home teacher from the organization. You can assign any household to any companionship, and once a household is assigned to be home taught by a companionship assigned to EQ or HPG, they will show up in that organization's list.

Hopefully the list of unassigned households is always trending to 0, so it doesn't seem like it should be a big issue where unassigned households show up in that very temporary holding place until an assignment is made.
Sadly, it's a big issue in areas where wards straddle large geographic areas and the number of HP is few, see my post 12/12.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:This was also an issue with MLS.
To nit-pick, IIRC, as far as HT assignments in MLS, there was only "unassigned". There wasn't "unassigned - HP' and "unassigned - EQ" like we have now. So that is actually a change in functionality from what we had in MLS. Now, if there was a way to change the default assignment, that would actually be a nice feature. But as a incompletely implemented feature, it's created a problem.

Now, MLS did have a default assignment for prospective Elders as far as what quorum they attended. That generated a few messages, but nothing like the number of messages caused by default HT assignments.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
myronl wrote:This was also an issue with MLS.
To nit-pick, IIRC, as far as HT assignments in MLS, there was only "unassigned". There wasn't "unassigned - HP' and "unassigned - EQ" like we have now. So that is actually a change in functionality from what we had in MLS. Now, if there was a way to change the default assignment, that would actually be a nice feature. But as a incompletely implemented feature, it's created a problem.

Now, MLS did have a default assignment for prospective Elders as far as what quorum they attended. That generated a few messages, but nothing like the number of messages caused by default HT assignments.
russellhltn, your attribution here is wrong. myronl just quoted the previous statement by scgallafent. He just didn't get his tags placed correctly so it looks like it's his statement.

Your point is valid but I think myronl would agree.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:russellhltn, your attribution here is wrong. myronl just quoted the previous statement by scgallafent. He just didn't get his tags placed correctly so it looks like it's his statement.
Fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deehrj

Post by deehrj »

I too find it confusing that the system doesn't fully accept the assignment of anyone to HP or Elders. Besides prospective Elders, we also assign some Elders to the HP because we can best help them given their age and position in life.

These are more than a class assignment as for teaching or instruction. They are assignments to priesthood leaders for stewardship to care for the people in the group. I also have not seen anything in the handbook that says otherwise, so it is messy to have the system not allow this and take care of showing people in the various lists correctly.
ARTEST4ECHO

Post by ARTEST4ECHO »

I realize I'm coming to this 2 year past the last time someone commented, but as a new clerk the issue of prospective Elders in HP came up for me. After several months of looking I found the letter

http://www.ldschurchnewsarchive.com/art ... lders.html

For those like me looking at past questions for answers, I thought it would be good to go ahead and add the page.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”