LCR 3.0 beta questions

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Biggles

Re: LCR 3.0 beta questions

Post by Biggles »

MLS is still vital, at the moment, for Custom Reports.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:MLS is still vital, at the moment, for Custom Reports.
[voice:William Shatner]But ... For ... How. long?[/voice]
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

russellhltn wrote:It would appear to me that much if not all of the need to access MLS by auxiliaries and quorums will disappear with LCR 3.0.
It certainly will replace much of MLS for "auxiliaries and quorums," and perhaps some clerks once Finance comes online. But I would say that on the stake level, a great deal of work was saved by generating custom reports on membership data that LCR 3.0 cannot yet generate....and mailing label generation from reports, etc.

While many requests are simple, they saved us a ton of work and use them EVERY year. Many times they asked for mailing labels to the list or the parent gaurdian
  • candidates for Priesthood preview each year
  • new HP members since last stake HP group meeting,
  • candidates for the 11 year old scout program by ward, or
  • potential candidates for stake youth committee, that don't have other callings already, and will not "age-out" by mid summer trek activity.
I had other report requests, often without knowing the reason for them, similar to these:
  • all returned missionaries that spoke Mandarin Chinese on their mission
  • all Native Spanish Speaking members without children at home
I'm not ungrateful for LCR 3.0, and recognize a huge benefit, just not ready to disconnect MLS....Maybe LCR 4.0 will allow queries to the membership record?
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”