New Patriarchal Blessing Submission not working in IE 11

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jbudd2

New Patriarchal Blessing Submission not working in IE 11

Post by jbudd2 »

Hello, I am receiving a prompt to download Google Chrome or Firefox when I click to submit a Patriarchal Blessing. I am wondering if this is because 1. It is not turned on for my ward, or 2. the Create and Submit Blessing truly doesn't work with IE11. Version 11.0.9600.17801.

Anyone else had this issue?
Thank you,
Jake
JamesAnderson

Re: New Patriarchal Blessing Submission not working in IE 11

Post by JamesAnderson »

May have something to do more with the programming of the part of LCR you're using than browsers, because I do know from working with people at FamilySearch on a couple things that FamilySearch does not always work right with MSIE, any version. FamilySearch supports it but has found it very difficult to work with.

Firefox or Chrome are almost default on everyone's machines now anyway, I see or hear about very little usage of IE anywhere now. Also, Microsoft is due to launch a new browser, presently code named 'Spartan' with or very near the Windows 10 release.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JamesAnderson wrote:Firefox or Chrome are almost default on everyone's machines now anyway, I see or hear about very little usage of IE anywhere now.
It may not be as dominant as it used to be, but it's still up their in usage.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
JamesAnderson wrote:Firefox or Chrome are almost default on everyone's machines now anyway, I see or hear about very little usage of IE anywhere now.
It may not be as dominant as it used to be, but it's still up their in usage.
Take a look at desktop browser market share. IE is still more widely used than anything:
https://www.netmarketshare.com/browser- ... pcustomd=0

I think this is likely because it's the default browser on Windows (unless you're in EU where I think you're given a choice of the default browser at first use).

Sometimes it depends on your audience. I've worked at software companies where IE was the only supported browser and at others where we didn't even support IE and told everyone to use Chrome or Firefox. In the business world, it may depend on what a company's IT department supports. At home, it's probably IE unless someone goes to the effort to get something else.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”