HT district supervisor

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
joinesgs

Re: HT district supervisor

Post by joinesgs »

Let me try and explain the problem I have regarding this issue and Home Teaching as High Priest Group Leader in my Ward. I thought I would have access to all the Home Teaching Information as in MLS. In my Ward we have 12 Home Teaching Companionships consisting of High Priest and High Priest or Elder and Elder or High Priest and Elder or Elder and Teacher. In MLS the 12 companionships were divided into 4 districts each District containing 3 Companionships. District 1 High Priest District 2 EQP District 3 EQP Counc and District 4 EQP Counc. In MLS I could see all the Home Teaching Information in all the Districts but in LCR The only Home Teaching information that I can see are the 3 companionships in my District. I can't see anything from the other 3 Districts even the High Priests in those Districts. I can't even add Home Teaching that I have done myself. I was looking forward to when I could add the Home Teaching Information at home instead of using MLS at the Chapel but with this problem in not being able to add or even see the full Home Teaching information it seems using LCR is a step backwards. Am I the only person who has this problem? Is there a way of sorting it out? At Church today I spoke to the Ward Clerk in my Ward and he tried several things but we could not overcome this problem. Please help
mevans

Post by mevans »

Hi joinesgs. Welcome to the forum. From your post, I'm making some assumptions:
  • You are using the LCR 3.0 beta
  • Your calling is a HT district supervisor for High Priests
  • You don't have another calling, such as HP group leadership
  • Your priesthood is High Priest
  • You are not in your own HT district
If any of those assumptions are incorrect, please correct them so people here can better help you.

I don't have access to LCR 3.0 yet, but from what I've gathered from posts, you would only see people in your district if you're a district leader. When I've been an HT district leader, I've always been in my own district, but it appears that you are not. That's why you can't enter your own HT info.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MLS had a poor sense of security. With the move to on-line, the security model is revamped.

I'm not sure why you'd need to see HT information outside of your district unless your calling doesn't accurately reflect your assignment.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

From what joinesgs stated in the OP he is the High Priest Group Leader.
joinesgs wrote:Let me try and explain the problem I have regarding this issue and Home Teaching as High Priest Group Leader in my Ward.
As such he should be able by virtue of his calling to see all home teaching for the High Priest Group. It appears to me there is a bug that for some reason is treating his access as though he should only have access to a single home teaching district. The High Priest Group Leader should have access to all aspects of home teaching record keeping. Otherwise, how is he to create and edit home teaching districts and home teaching assignments.
joinesgs wrote:I thought I would have access to all the Home Teaching Information as in MLS.
If things are working as it should you would have access to all the home teaching information for the High Priest Group.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm not clear on how organizing districts work – are some districts organized and designated as under the elders quorum, and others under the high priests? If so, maybe the district he is assigned to is under the jurisdiction of the elders quorum so he doesn't have access.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:I'm not clear on how organizing districts work – are some districts organized and designated as under the elders quorum, and others under the high priests? If so, maybe the district he is assigned to is under the jurisdiction of the elders quorum so he doesn't have access.
I think that's the problem. Families are assigned to quorums by the bishop. I believe districts are created in/by the quorums. He probably doesn't have access to the districts in/assigned the EQ.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
iangclark

Post by iangclark »

I am HP group leader but our ward has combined Elders and High Priests as companionships. The problem is that I cannot view the companionship lists created by the Elders but I can see their reporting. LDs.org will not allow duplication of companionships under different log-ins so how are we both going to edit the companionships and keep the reporting acurate?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

iangclark wrote:I am HP group leader but our ward has combined Elders and High Priests as companionships. The problem is that I cannot view the companionship lists created by the Elders but I can see their reporting. LDs.org will not allow duplication of companionships under different log-ins so how are we both going to edit the companionships and keep the reporting acurate?
The elders quorum president will edit the companionships he created and you will edit yours. As the system is presently set up, you will not be able to edit each other's companionships.
nelsondoverte

Post by nelsondoverte »

jonesrk wrote:The drop down should show those in the presidency and those with the HT district supervisor calling, so if you don't see the person listed you may need to add them in the calling first.
Hello are you saying that the District Super Visor is a callng that need to be called and sustained? is there an article that talks about District Supervisor at the lds.org?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nelsondoverte wrote:
jonesrk wrote:The drop down should show those in the presidency and those with the HT district supervisor calling, so if you don't see the person listed you may need to add them in the calling first.
Hello are you saying that the District Super Visor is a callng that need to be called and sustained? is there an article that talks about District Supervisor at the lds.org?
No. The instruction to "add them in the calling" simply means that you assign that calling to them in LCR. The vast majority of HT district supervisors are members of the HP group leadership or EQ presidency, and they would never be called and sustained separately as HT district supervisors.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”