LCR access for Stake Relief Society Presidents

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cowvet

LCR access for Stake Relief Society Presidents

Post by cowvet »

Our Stake Relief Society President has attempted to access information in LCR. She has not been able to, even though the Ward Relief Society Presidencies now are able to. Will there be an update in the future to allow the Stake Women's leaders to see information and statistics relative to their callings in the LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR access for Stake Relief Society Presidents

Post by russellhltn »

Looking at the release notes for 3.0, it appears to be added in that version. It's in beta now, but expected to roll out middle of next month. This is the same version that places HT/VT on-line.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There is currently no access for stake auxiliary leaders in LCR and there are no plans to add access for stake auxiliary leaders in LCR 3.0.

I just read through the release notes and realized that they probably could have been worded more clearly. The release notes say "Stake and ward clerks and priesthood quorum and auxiliary presidencies can now manage organization and calling information for their respective organizations." A better interpretation of that would be "Stake clerks, ward clerks, and ward priesthood quorum and auxiliary presidencies ..."

The first item in the LCR FAQs addresses this:
Why don’t stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors have access to LCR?

Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

scgallafent wrote:Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
My favorite quote ever in any document produced by the Church - Hands Down! :D
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:I just read through the release notes and realized that they probably could have been worded more clearly.
While you're at it, you might want to fix this too:
Home and visiting teaching management. Using the Organizations menu, high priests group leadership, elders quorum presidencies, and Relief Society presidencies can now manage home and visiting teaching information for their respective organization. Stake home and visiting teaching reports are also available.
The combination of "Relief Society presidencies" and "Stake home and visiting teaching reports" is what caused me to come to an incorrect conclusion.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
benjamincarleski

Post by benjamincarleski »

If the stake leaders are to train and instruct, and the online tools are being provided for the use of the ward leaders, how are the stake leaders supposed to train and instruct on how to use them if they have no access. I find it incredibly frustrating as a stake finance clerk to try and answer the questions from the wards when I cannot see the same screens they are seeing. I certainly don't advocate for expanded access to personal, member information. I do think that if we are going to continue to expand these great tools, a sandbox or playground area where leadership positions can verify how something should be done are essential components and should not be relegated to the afterthought or "if we have time" status they seem to occupy now. These are critical tools for us as the trainers to be able to train, teach and instruct in the proper usage of these tools.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I have the reverse issue. There are some features of LCR that only branch presidents, bishops, and stake presidents can access. As a stake clerk, I have no access to them, and yet these leaders expect me to help them learn how to use these features.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Benjamin,

The job of instructing organization leadership on record keeping is the Ward Clerk's and not the organization Stake Leader.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

johnshaw wrote:The job of instructing organization leadership on record keeping is the Ward Clerk's and not the organization Stake Leader.
But who trains and provides support to the ward clerk?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

sbradshaw wrote:But who trains and provides support to the ward clerk?
According to Handbook 1, 13.4.2, the bishopric and stake clerks.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”