non-members, home teaching

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
magee001

non-members, home teaching

Post by magee001 »

Is it possible to list non-members as home teachers? Also, is it possible to list, in the records, non-members as being home taught (not member of a part member family)? If any of the above is possible, how do you do it? Thanks.

Austine Magee
Sahuarita, Arizona Stake
3rd Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: non-members, home teaching

Post by russellhltn »

magee001 wrote:Is it possible to list non-members as home teachers?
I seriously doubt it. Reading Handbook 2 doesn't give any suggestion that non-members can be assigned as home teachers. It's "a priesthood responsibility of teachers, priests, and Melchizedek Priesthood holders."

magee001 wrote:Also, is it possible to list, in the records, non-members as being home taught (not member of a part member family)?
That may be possible in MLS. Add the non-member to MLS, and see if you can then assign him/her home teachers. However, note that starting sometime in June, HT/VT will switch to web-based in LCR. I'm not sure if that's supported.

Either way, I highly doubt that the numbers will show up in your quarterly reports.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”