Requested Leader features

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
MelissaRenee

Requested Leader features

Post by MelissaRenee »

Hi,

As a relatively recent YW Presidency member I would like to request some Leadership Resource features:

1.) An "email parents of youth button" right now attempts to email the youth usually send emails to their fathers (heads of households), though I think some of the youth do have their own email addresses listed. A website option that lets us email all the parents, especially the mothers would be very helpful. Also a report that says something to the effect of 5 members do not have personal email addresses listed, messages were sent to household email address would also be nice.

2.) Leadership resource page with easy access to things like permission slips and medical releases so we can just download the pdf and print them off or email them when needed. Other helpful resources might be sample class presidency agendas, advice on teaching new class presidencies how to run a meeting, etc.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Requested Leader features

Post by jdlessley »

Unfortunately the forum is not the place to request features. We can discuss them, but that is all that will happen. There are two avenues to get requests to those who make the decisions. The first is to pass it up through the Priesthood line. You will need to discuss it with your bishop who then discusses it with your stake president, and so on up the line. The second is to submit through the feedback link found on the main LDS.org page.
MelissaRenee wrote:As a relatively recent YW Presidency member I would like to request some Leadership Resource features:...
Much of what you requested for training and agendas in your second paragraph can be provided by your stake YW Presidency. Many forms are are already available online. The "Parental or Guardian Permission and Medical Release", while found on the Aaronic Priesthood pages is used for all youth activities. That form is also available in the online store for purchase or download. Other forms and materials are available online. You may have to search for them, but I am confident they are there.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MelissaRenee wrote:Other helpful resources might be sample class presidency agendas, advice on teaching new class presidencies how to run a meeting, etc.
I feel safe in saying that's outside the realm of LCR. That would be more likely to be found in other areas of lds.org.

The forum is primarily user-to-user support. While employees do visit (and we appreciate when they do), they can't make any changes that impact policy, nor can they dictate development features. Your best chance is to use the Feedback link on the main lds.org site to pass along your suggestions. That gets the suggestion in front of the decision-makers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

You can easily add downloadable forms to the Ward/Stake Newsletter site. Or if the forms exist on LDS.org somewhere, you can put a link to them in the Ward/Stake Newsletter.
justin.scott

Post by justin.scott »

Is there a general release or waiver for YSA activities that have increased risk? I don't think there would be because they're adults, but figured I'd ask.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”