lds.org/lcr doesn't work with Chrome

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
trohlfing

lds.org/lcr doesn't work with Chrome

Postby trohlfing » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:50 am

I am the ward clerk, using lds.org/lcr. As of this morning I can't get any of the dropdown menus (like Membership, Organizations, Reports, etc.) to work. Click on them, nothing happens. It does the same thing on my home computer (Win7/Chrome), and at the church (XP/Chrome). They work on Firefox. Any suggestions?

aclawson

Re: lds.org/lcr doesn't work with Chrome

Postby aclawson » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:54 am

Not all websites work equally well with all browsers - the ultimate answer may be to just use Firefox.

That said, you may have an extension that is causing problems. Turn off all of the extensions and attempt to use the site. If it works, then go through one at a time until you find an extension that causes the problem to reappear.

trohlfing

Postby trohlfing » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:16 pm

I turned off all the extensions, and it still doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it used to work with Chrome. Don't know if lds.org changed, or if Chrome has had an update. Could also be a Windows update thing, since I did a big Windows update yesterday. Also, it's odd that the problem exists both at my home (W7), and at the church (XP), with different browser extensions, etc. Are you aware of other people who use Chrome successfully for lds.org/lcr? I think your recent support message actually recommended that people who are on XP at the church should use Chrome when lds.org transitions away from MLS to the website.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:12 pm

See this thread and this thread. In short, try Ctrl+F5.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

trohlfing

Postby trohlfing » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Ctrl+F5 was the magic trick. Thanks!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”