Home Teaching Module on LDS.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
barryhill
Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 am
Location: Williamsport, Pennsylvania, USA

Home Teaching Module on LDS.org

Postby barryhill » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 am

I was told by a member of the Ward Council that they got some notification that HT was going on Leader Resources on LDS.org and that the change was pretty eminent. Is that true and is there a general target date? I would assume VT would go on at the same time.

As a bishop I have received no recent word on this.

Thanks for your help

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: Home Teaching Module on LDS.org

Postby aebrown » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:43 am

barryhill wrote:I was told by a member of the Ward Council that they got some notification that HT was going on Leader Resources on LDS.org and that the change was pretty eminent. Is that true and is there a general target date? I would assume VT would go on at the same time.

This has been discussed at length in New Date for HT/VT on LCR. In particular, this post says that the change is currently targeted for "the first half of 2015," but note that the release date has already been postponed more than once.

barryhill wrote:As a bishop I have received no recent word on this.

This post notes that a recent MLS message provided this same information. If you didn't see that message, you might want to check with your ward clerk to make sure that he is reading the MLS messages and passing any relevant messages on to you.

User avatar
mfmohlma
Senior Member
Posts: 784
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:45 pm
Location: Hillsboro, OR

Re: Home Teaching Module on LDS.org

Postby mfmohlma » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:23 pm

This post notes that a recent MLS message provided this same information. If you didn't see that message, you might want to check with your ward clerk to make sure that he is reading the MLS messages and passing any relevant messages on to you.

This particular message was a PDF, so it may not show up in the normal message location. (I'm not exactly sure at the moment where it ended up as I opened it from a popup notification.) Check where the finance statements are if you don't see it under Messages.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6147
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Home Teaching Module on LDS.org

Postby lajackson » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:09 pm

mfmohlma wrote:This particular message was a PDF, so it may not show up in the normal message location.

Mine came in as a standard text message in the normal MLS messaging system. The prompt said, you have new messages, and it was right along side the support messages that announce that a new financial report has arrived, or there was a problem with a membership record request.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Re: Home Teaching Module on LDS.org

Postby scgallafent » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:45 pm

aebrown wrote:
barryhill wrote:As a bishop I have received no recent word on this.

This post notes that a recent MLS message provided this same information. If you didn't see that message, you might want to check with your ward clerk to make sure that he is reading the MLS messages and passing any relevant messages on to you.

Since July 2014, there have been at least four messages sent through the MLS messaging system to wards indicating that this change is coming.


Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests