LCR training for Bishops and Stake Presidents

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
TerryLittlewood

LCR training for Bishops and Stake Presidents

Post by TerryLittlewood »

I am the Stake Clerk and my President has asked that I be prepared to help teach in our next Bishop's training meeting, the new Online applications that only the Bishop and Stake Pres can access in the Leader and Clerk Resource section.
Is there something or somewhere I can access information on this new capability so that we can get our bishops aware of and using the new online process for Applications to the First Presidency (for temple clearances, cancellations, etc.)?
I recall at one time there was some information or time that clerks could also access these links in LCR (perhaps when it was in beta or development) but I am not able to find the links any longer.
Specifically what applications could/should be done online? What information is required and what is the difference from the all paper process that was used prior?
Will there be a way for clerks to aid the Bishops & Presidents in completing these forms in the future?
Your help would be appreciated. Thank you
drepouille

Re: LCR training for Bishops and Stake Presidents

Post by drepouille »

I often struggle trying to train the bishops and the stake presidents on features of LCR which I cannot access as a stake clerk. There is a Help button in the upper right of the LCR window, including a tour, release notes, etc. Each limited-access application may also have its own online help. However, sometimes the only thing you can do is to sit down with the leader, have him login, and walk through the process together.

The LCR Access Table can help you identify these limited-access features of LCR.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
TerryLittlewood

Post by TerryLittlewood »

Thank you for your quick response. I reviewed the information in Access List and the area that Bishops and Stake Presidents have that others do not is the 'Application to the First Presidency'. If you review the hard copy versions of this form, the topics to be done online with this link would include: Cancellation of sealings, sealing clearance, reinstatement, readmission, or restoration of blessings.
As you point out I may need to sit with my Stake President and review with him each of these topics and we will have to learn together.
If there is any kind of training the Bishops and Stake Presidents can review (or we as clerks can help them understand) please let me know.
Thanks again.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

There are at least two functions not listed:
- Temple Worker recommendations
- Confidential Actions in progress

Bishops create new entries in the above sites, and submit them to the stake president for action. The bishop and stake president must submit temple workers to the temple presidency for consideration.

For confidential actions, the stake president must review actions taken at the ward level.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”