All Tools section

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jokamura

All Tools section

Post by jokamura »

I wasn't too sure where to put this, as it sort of encompasses a bunch of stuff.

Under the All Tools section I sometimes see icon links to CDOL, Missionary Recommendation, and a few other items (can't remember as it was awhile back, but they pop up occasionally) .

I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to see the Missionary Recommendation link (I have no calling directly related to missionary work) but maybe CDOL?

I ask, because currently (and for the foreseeable future) most of our callings are all screwed up or not showing at present. I think the only accurate ones are RS, EQ, and Bishopric.

My question though is should an EQ Secretary see any of those items? I'm pretty sure none of those have anything to do with Sacrament Program Coordinator, HT District Supervisor, or Ward Website Administrator (custom since our Technology category is non-existent right now). Or are we eventually going to see CDOL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Note: These links come and go and they are currently not there (as of this posting)

Edit: I saw CDOL and Missionary Recommendation icon links yesterday or the day before.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: All Tools section

Post by jdlessley »

jokamura wrote:My question though is should an EQ Secretary see any of those items?
Those applications should not be available to auxiliary presidencies. The Missionary Recommendation System should only be available to the bishop/branch president and the clerk. CDOL should only be available to the bishopric/branch presidency, the clerk, asst clerk, and asst clerk membership. While those callings have access to CDOL, the information available within CDOL is limited based on calling. For example the bishop has access to more information in CDOL than the clerk.
jokamura wrote:I ask, because currently (and for the foreseeable future) most of our callings are all screwed up or not showing at present.
It is possible the issues are related to the problems with your unit callings, but I cannot see how the presence or absence of your calling in the system would cause the links to those apps/systems to be present. Rather it may be related to the development of the tools access for auxiliary presidencies and the backend being updated/changed.

Did you click on any of those links while they were present? If you do, you may find you do not have access. For example, CDOL requires a separate sign on. The link on LCR takes the user to the CDOL sign-on page. During that sign-on you would be given a no access message. The Missionary Recommendation System does use the Single Sign-on, but the access would be denied without the appropriate calling.

The issues with the callings and their absence or presence should be addressed in another thread.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

Screenshot_2014-10-18-10-09-33.png
All Tools
(256.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
mevans

Post by mevans »

Interesting: when I choose Tools > All Tools, it doesn't give me a list of any tools that would be helpful in my calling; the whole section is blank. All I see is general membership tools. Maybe this is a new feature they're working on? I haven't been to the "All Tools" page in quite a while.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mevans wrote:Interesting: when I choose Tools > All Tools, it doesn't give me a list of any tools that would be helpful in my calling; the whole section is blank.
What calling do you have? Only the Mission Leader, Melchizedek Priesthood presidencies and auxiliary presidencies have access to LCR in addition to the bishopric/branch presidency, executive secretary, and clerks. Selecting All Tools only shows all the tools available to the general membership. Those leaders with additional application and tools access will see those tools and applications listed in the drop-down under the [your user name]/Tools menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mevans

Post by mevans »

jdlessley wrote:
mevans wrote:Interesting: when I choose Tools > All Tools, it doesn't give me a list of any tools that would be helpful in my calling; the whole section is blank.
What calling do you have?
I'm a ward assistant clerk.
jdlessley wrote: Selecting All Tools only shows all the tools available to the general membership. Those leaders with additional application and tools access will see those tools and applications listed in the drop-down under the [your user name]/Tools menu.
Apparently this has changed. According to the screenshot from jokamura, there is now a section at the top of All Tools that shows "Tools for Your Callings and Responsibilities". I see the section, but I don't see any tools listed for me. jokamura seems to have a different problem, in that he sees more tools than he should be able to access.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:Selecting All Tools only shows all the tools available to the general membership.
I misspoke on this one. There should be sections. There should be a section for general membership tools and a section for tools accessible because of calling permissions. Since I am only seeing the general membership tools in All Tools there is a problem displaying any tools related to my out of unit calling.

It looks as though there have been changes made to the programming of the All Tools menu item to include the extended access for Melchizedek Priesthood and auxiliary presidencies to LCR that are not working correctly and causing issues.

While the All Tools menu item is having problems I do not see problems with the [user name]/Tools menu list.
JD Lessley

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”