Membership Record Request/Push

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drewsky48

Membership Record Request/Push

Post by drewsky48 »

I am currently the 2nd couselor in our Bishopric and since August I lost the ability on lds.org to request or push records to and from our ward. Prior to August I had this ability and I'm told I should still have this access. How do I get this access added to my account if I am indeed supposed to have this avilify.
eblood66

Re: Membership Record Request/Push

Post by eblood66 »

drewsky48 wrote:I am currently the 2nd couselor in our Bishopric and since August I lost the ability on lds.org to request or push records to and from our ward. Prior to August I had this ability and I'm told I should still have this access. How do I get this access added to my account if I am indeed supposed to have this avilify.
You were misinformed. As a counselor you do not have the ability to move records in Clerk and Leader Resources on lds.org. There was a time when counselors had more rights than they do now but things were tightened up to conform with the handbooks. Records management is a clerk responsibility so only the ward clerk, the membership clerk and assistant clerks have rights to move records (and the bishop since he has overall responsibility for everything in the ward).

However, that change happened quite some time ago (much further back than August) so I'm not sure how you had access that recently.

However, if you are filling in for a missing clerk or acting as backup then you could counsel with your bishop and stake president on whether you should also be extended a calling as an assistant clerk in order to allow you to take care this kind of thing.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”