Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
drepouille

Re: Ward Council Members and Presidencies Now Have Access to

Post by drepouille »

Right. I know nothing about it, but I am doubtful that rank-and-file members will be able to login to lds.org and see who their HT/VTers are, or whom they are assigned to visit. That sounds risky to me.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
rsmith06

Post by rsmith06 »

I just saw this topic for the first time (I am the second counselor in the Elders Quorum, used to be the ward clerk). This is great news. However, a question came to mind. When I was ward clerk, I had expanded access to membership information in LDS Tools on my phone/tablet. Will ward council members and their presidencies be given expanded access in LDS Tools like the bishopric?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

As an EQ counseler, I think that you will eventually be able to see the same detail as you see now on LCR, in LDS Tools. That is my understanding of conversations seen in the IOS testing area.
mevans

Post by mevans »

russellhltn wrote:
Tyna wrote:I am wondering if one day there could please be the ability to have a person's individual HT or VT assignment to be viewable when they sign in to their LDS.org account.
Currently HT/VT isn't on-line at all. But before the end of this year it will be. But exactly how it will look, we don't know yet.
The letter from Salt Lake mentioned we'll have administrative access by the end of the year, so I'm not expecting that members will be able to see their assignments. Hopefully that feature will be added soon.
kenhan

Post by kenhan »

I have been encouraging our ward council members to use the new features related to their access to LCR on lds.org. In the process I have noticed an item of concern.

Our new executive secretary has his email address listed as "ward access". I'm not sure why he choose not to have stake access, but when I use the applications/send a message application in LCR it says that he has "opted out" and his email address will not appear. When I changed his email to "stake access" then his email appeared in the messaging tool. His wife, who is in the YW presidency, has the same options for her email address and has the same problem in the messaging app. This seems a like a mismatch in the permissions.

Just wanted to point this out to someone.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kenhan wrote:Our new executive secretary has his email address listed as "ward access". I'm not sure why he choose not to have stake access, but when I use the applications/send a message application in LCR it says that he has "opted out" and his email address will not appear. When I changed his email to "stake access" then his email appeared in the messaging tool. His wife, who is in the YW presidency, has the same options for her email address and has the same problem in the messaging app. This seems a like a mismatch in the permissions.
This is a longstanding issue, not particularly relevant to the topic at hand. It was reported here two years ago, and in many discussions since then. Pretty much everyone who has ever posted on this issue thinks it works incorrectly, and many people have submitted feedback to that effect, but nothing has changed.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The reason it works that way is the the Send a Message application was written back when the privacy was just a yes/no option. It hasn't been touched since then. Because of that anything other than stake access shows up to it as a private record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:The reason it works that way is the the Send a Message application was written back when the privacy was just a yes/no option. It hasn't been touched since then. Because of that anything other than stake access shows up to it as a private record.
That explains a lot!

So I guess we have to wait for the various applications to get updated to support the current 3-level system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
woody55

Post by woody55 »

Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR). FAQs: Last update has Home and Visiting Teaching, and the ability to update callings to be added to LCR in the first quarter of 2015. The ability to create records and record ordinances is scheduled to be added to LCR in 2015.
eliott.mourier

Post by eliott.mourier »

Hello,
I was very happy when I read this announcement. As a Young Men President in my ward in France, I've never been able to get access to the full ward directory, neither on the lds.org nor on the LDSTools apps. I actually only see about 15 membres listed. Always the same list with both active and totally inactive people who have probably never ever created an LDS account. That means I cannot even see my Young Men which is really problematic.
I was hoping that the new release would correct this bug who makes the directory useless for most of the ward. When I was consellor in the Bishopric i had no problem and the whole list was being displayed. It seems that there is a permission issue here.
I am in the Nogent ward, Paris East Stake, France, if needed I'd be glad to answer further questions.

Thank you very much,

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”