Patriarch non-functioning status

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
wjamesj

Patriarch non-functioning status

Post by wjamesj »

We have recently called a new patriarch because of the poor health of our previous patriarch. We need to add our new patriarch to the mls, and place the former patriarch on inactive status. We don't know how that is done. Help please!!
drepouille

Re: Patriarch non-functioning status

Post by drepouille »

I assume this would be done using a Leader and Unit Change Request in the stake MLS, just as you would if you change anyone in the stake presidency.

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Callings#Tier_1_leadership
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wjamesj wrote:We have recently called a new patriarch because of the poor health of our previous patriarch. We need to add our new patriarch to the mls, and place the former patriarch on inactive status. We don't know how that is done. Help please!!
Perhaps you left out details for brevity, but I assume you're aware that a stake president can't call a new patriarch on his own authority. The stake fills out a New Patriarch Recommendation Form (available in MLS or online at Leader and Clerk Resources on LDS.org) to seek First Presidency approval.

Whether you fill out the form on paper or online, there is an option you can specify for the current patriarch to indicate that he is not functioning; I assume that will change his status to non-functioning. I don't know for sure, but you might be able to look on CDOL at the patriarch to see if his status is non-functioning (our stake has no patriarch in that status, so I can't verify).

Once you've received authorization from the First Presidency, then the stake president can ordain the patriarch, and then as drepouille described, you use the Stake LUCR in MLS to specify his name and fill in information regarding his ordination.
wjamesj

Post by wjamesj »

We have received authorization from the First Presidency to ordain the new patriarch, and we have tried to use the LUCR. Does this have to be done by church headquarters?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wjamesj wrote:We have received authorization from the First Presidency to ordain the new patriarch, and we have tried to use the LUCR. Does this have to be done by church headquarters?
If you were not able to do it in LUCR, then the Church will do it when the stake president returns the form showing that the new patriarch has been set apart.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”