Missionary Progress Report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
berluk13

Re: Missionary Progress Report

Post by berluk13 »

Ok. Thanks
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

berluk13 wrote:All I can see is a blank PDF version of a progress report when I go to look at the link.
The electronic version of the Progress Record is available if the full-time missionaries in your Church unit are using Area Book Planner (found on their iPads). Otherwise, you will get a blank PDF copy of the form.
Captain.Moroni

Post by Captain.Moroni »

Our Missionaries recently got iPads about a month ago and they have been using the Area Book Planner. I've been a Ward Mission Leader for about 6 months when I login to lds.org the only thing I see is a blank PDF copy of the Progress Report. I've called into Local Unit Support and they said I should have access to the electronic version of the Progress Record tool. I mentioned the problem I was having and they said I would need to go to the website and post feedback about this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or know of a fix?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Captain.Moroni wrote:Our Missionaries recently got iPads about a month ago and they have been using the Area Book Planner. I've been a Ward Mission Leader for about 6 months when I login to lds.org the only thing I see is a blank PDF copy of the Progress Report
Are the missionaries assigned to just your ward to to another ward as well? Somehow the system has to take the information entered by all the missionaries and get just the report for your ward routed to you. There might be some gaps.

For example (and I'm just guessing here) If a companionship is assigned to two wards - it's possible that the system may only allows them to be assigned to one ward. In that case, the ward without missionaries assigned to it will see nothing.

At any rate, I'd suggest talking to the mission to make sure the missionaries are properly entered and assigned and that their iPads are also configured for the correct area. Otherwise, information will not flow. The folks at CHQ probably have no idea what's going on at the local level. It's the mission's responsibility to take care of that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

There's another problem that could be going on here.

When missionaries get the iPads, they buy them for the most part at the time they enter the field now, or have since the first ones were deployed. Therefore, the missionaries keep their iPads, and it is possible the missionaries' assignments may not be synced with MLS/LCR right.

To see if this might be the case, go to Directory online, or open the app and look under 'Missionary'.

There could have also been snafus in association with transfers, and also with missionries being assigned to multiple units, that second one is particularly the case in Utah, where it's not one or two wards, but one or two stakes a set of missionaries might cover.
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

Captain.Moroni wrote:Our Missionaries recently got iPads about a month ago and they have been using the Area Book Planner. I've been a Ward Mission Leader for about 6 months when I login to lds.org the only thing I see is a blank PDF copy of the Progress Report. I've called into Local Unit Support and they said I should have access to the electronic version of the Progress Record tool. I mentioned the problem I was having and they said I would need to go to the website and post feedback about this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or know of a fix?
Your stake was not enabled for the electronic Progress Record. Are you able to access it now?
Captain.Moroni

Post by Captain.Moroni »

That worked great! Thank you very much. Is this still in beta meaning like is it still be rolled out in areas in the U.S? Also is that feature enabled for all the Stakes in our Mission being the Arkansas Little Rock Mission? If not would you be able to enable it for us?

Thank you again for helping we have been trying to figure this out for weeks. : )
wertdl
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wertdl »

Captain.Moroni wrote:Is that feature enabled for all the Stakes in our Mission being the Arkansas Little Rock Mission?
Yes.
joshuadayton

Post by joshuadayton »

When I print a copy of the online Missionary Progress Report, it includes everything except the comments found in the "Help Needed" section. Is this a known glitch and are there any plans to fix this?
SteveRolandelli

Post by SteveRolandelli »

Does anyone know how we would give our ward "Assistant Ward Mission Leader" ( a custom calling) access to the Missionary Progress Report?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”