Leader and Clerk Resources Release 2.5

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Leader and Clerk Resources Release 2.5

Post by russellhltn »

TinMan wrote:Then I go to the "action and interview" list and enter the date of the interview again.

Is that how it is designed to work?
At this time, that's the only way I can see it working. The date will tell you 1) It was done and 2) when it was done. That may be useful later. Depending on how one organizes notes, the date could tell you where to go look for your notes.

I suppose they could have simplified it and just had a check box to say "completed", but perhaps there are more features coming. ("Sister X hasn't had a interview in 25 months.")
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Notes? ;)

How does that work? Won't it disappear off the "action and interview" list once the interview is completed?

Isn't that the idea?

I guess I just don't understand this feature....
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

TinMan wrote:Notes? ;)
What do you keep in that file cabinet in your office? ;)

TinMan wrote:How does that work? Won't it disappear off the "action and interview" list once the interview is completed?
If the date of the interview is recorded, then I'm thinking it could be used for tracking, like how many interviews have been missed for a given youth.

I'm not sure what the plan is either. I'm just reading the tea leaves.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

russellhltn wrote:
TinMan wrote:Notes? ;)
What do you keep in that file cabinet in your office? ;)
Now that's an interesting question.

Let me see...

Top drawer: Temple recommend books and the full books that we need to keep until the last recommend is expired. And all the welfare orders/budget plans, etc that I have to keep I don't know how long.

Second drawer: Batteries. AAA, AA and 9 volt. For when things quit working like the clocks, cordless mic, hearing units, TV remotes, etc. Because if we wait for the FM group to fix them, well, it gets ugly. Also, the paperwork for missionaries and prospective missionaries. And a flashlight, screw driver and pair of pliers.

Third drawer: Candy bars that I hand out to each primary child who brings me a birthday card they got in Sharing time that day. (Good thing the Primary President doesn't count or keep track of the number very well. She would discover we have had all the birthdays due this year in the first four months... :) ) Salt Water Taffy for the candy jar on my desk, and 4 packages of Silly Putty that I use when counseling married couples. (Don't ask.) And my shoe shine kit. Because I can never remember to do that at home and don't think about it until I am at church.

Bottom drawer: To be honest, in 3.5 years, I don't think I have looked in that drawer since the first week or so. Next Ward Council, we should have a contest and see who can guess what is in there. Winner can have a candy bar.

:)
kennova

Post by kennova »

I just wanted to chime and agree with the thoughts on Calendar and scheduling improvements. Using the interview date on the Action and Interview List as it's currently implemented isn't all that helpful since I have to enter the actual interview information on the calendar. I also agree that is a pretty large change and would take time. But it would be worth it and used heavily by Secretaries and Bishoprics.
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

eblood66 wrote:
jeffsnoy wrote:I noticed in the release notes that there is an interview scheduler. I can not find it in the "action and interview list". Is it only available to specific callings? I am a stake membership clerk.
Thank you.
I believe that's only available to the executive secretary and bishop or stake president.
Would the persons it's available to be documented somewhere official?

Edited to add: I just asked my stake president to look at it, and he says the "interview scheduler" part of the "action and interview list" is *not* visible to him.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”