Quorum Presidencies & Secretaries

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mevans

Re: Quorum Presidencies & Secretaries

Post by mevans »

kirtkennedy wrote:In our Stake we use a "3rd Party" program called "Return and Report". It's a program that let's HT/VT report their contacts electronically.
Check it out at returnandreport.org
Very well done and very useful for tracking HT
Yes, this tool has been discussed here on the forum previously. I think the person who develops it used to work on the "public" HT/VT app on LDS.org years ago (which was since taken in-house).

There's a new meetinghouse technology policy that some have been discussing recently. It might mean that using services like ReturnAndReport.org are forbidden. There are differing opinions. If you want to debate that topic, I suggest you participate on an existing thread, rather than start a new discussion here. I just mention this so you're aware and you can research as you see fit. Here's a link to one thread: Home Teaching /Visiting Teaching App (English /Spanish)
brado426

Post by brado426 »

Hi,

I'm the guy who has been managing ReturnAndReport.org.

Just to clarify, ReturnAndReport.org does not require any data from MLS or any other Church system. Additionally, a completely rewritten version of ReturnAndReport.org is close to completion that allows you to use it for things other than Home/Visiting Teaching (in addition to Home/Visiting Teaching.) The features and functionality will also be far superior to what exists currently. It will support all mobile devices, support SMS Text Messaging, and is overall, far more customizable. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

ReturnAndReport.org will eventually go away and the new system will take over. Hopefully we can successfully make this transition within the next year.

Thanks,

Brad O.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

brado426 wrote:Hi,

I'm the guy who has been managing ReturnAndReport.org.

Just to clarify, ReturnAndReport.org does not require any data from MLS or any other Church system.
To clarify further, is the site a "cloud-based service ... storing ... any membership related data?" That is the question that seems relevant under Section 4.8.4 of the new policy.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I guess I just don't understand.

It if doesn't communicate with MLS, what is the point? At the end of the month, I print out the data, go to the church and enter it into MLS so that the quarterly report can be populated. Any changes I make in home teaching districts, I have to make on MLS, and then go home and make them again in this off site data base. It seems to double the work.

Every month I get an email from my district leader asking me about my home teaching. I send back an email and he compiles it and sends it of to the HP group secretary.

As a home teacher, does it matter to me if I email my report to a district leader or upload it to a third party website?
brado426

Post by brado426 »

The only reason I posted here is because there were a lot of people here who were excited about this project at one time and I thought I should give a status update. ReturnAndReport.org is transitioning from being a "Church-only" tool to a non-Church tool. Therefore, people can put whatever information they want to in there. If the Church wants to explicitly tell people not to use it, that is up to them. Only names are required to use the tool, which is public record information. As far as I'm concerned, if someone wants to put names of Church members in the tool with their consent, that is not against Church policy. Feel free to have a lengthy debate about it, but it has all been done several times in here already. If someone doesn't want their information in the tool, they can easily opt-out and no harm done.

I won't be giving any further status updates in here since it is moving towards a non-Church tool. I just thought some people might be interested in the cool new features and progress since this started as a Church-related project in 2006.

Thanks,

Brad O.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”