Moved in a record and the picture didn't come with it

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mevans

Moved in a record and the picture didn't come with it

Post by mevans »

I moved in a member from a different ward in our stake today. Prior to moving her in, I saw that she had a picture on the directory in her current ward in the stake. After moving her in to our ward, she no longer has a picture. Instead, in place of her household photo, there is text that says "family Photo". There is no individual photo.

If I go to the "Manage Photos" view, it doesn't appear that she has a photo at all; I don't see her listed with a photo that says "family Photo" instead of a real picture.

Does anyone know why I got text instead of a photo, or why no photo was transferred at all?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Moved in a record and the picture didn't come with it

Post by russellhltn »

The only reasons I can think of why you'd have text "family photo" is either someone replaced that photo with a graphic or a server problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

It must've been a server problem. The photo is there today.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It's a timing problem. I believe the photos are stored with info about which unit the member is in. When someone moves that info is updated in a batch (I think daily). So when they don't match I think that is when you get the text.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”