Z-Delete High Council Adviser

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
B_Seegmiller

Z-Delete High Council Adviser

Post by B_Seegmiller »

"Z-Delete High Council Adviser"
Anyone know what this means? It's showing up in our high-council member listing at LDS.org, and it's not in MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Z-Delete High Council Adviser

Post by aebrown »

It certainly looks like a custom calling for your stake that should be somewhere in your MLS. The most likely spot would be in Custom Positions in the High Council organization. If you can't find it directly there, try looking at the Custom Positions Review tool under Organizations (you have to be an MLS administrator to use that option). You also might try doing an MLS Export and look in the Organizations.csv file to see if that calling appears there.

If it doesn't appear in any of those places, then you can probably be sure that it isn't in MLS. Then I would recommend that you do a Unit Data Refresh to request that MLS gets refreshed with the calling data from CDOL (it will also refresh all the membership records). Then you should be able to see the calling in MLS as I listed above and delete it.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

That is actually what some of the CDOL admin's did with position types they want deleted. We're working with them to handle it other ways.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:That is actually what some of the CDOL admin's did with position types they want deleted. We're working with them to handle it other ways.
CDOL Admin? We're talking about someone higher than a Stake, right?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
JonesRK wrote:That is actually what some of the CDOL admin's did with position types they want deleted. We're working with them to handle it other ways.
CDOL Admin? We're talking about someone higher than a Stake, right?
Yes. People at CHQ that have admin rights in CDOL.
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

Good to know. We can look for the offending position and scrap it from MLS (we don't currently have any advisors to the HC).

By the way, when I clicked on the link in the e-mail I received, notifying me of a reply, I had to log in twice, once at LDS Tech, then I was trampolined through the LDS single-signon where I had to log in again, before I arrived at this page. That's a feature, right? ;-)
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

This popped up in our stake too - looking forward to it being resolved.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

cheerioboy wrote:By the way, when I clicked on the link in the e-mail I received, notifying me of a reply, I had to log in twice, once at LDS Tech, then I was trampolined through the LDS single-signon where I had to log in again, before I arrived at this page. That's a feature, right? ;-)
Same issue with me and others too – see this topic: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17466

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”