Changing language of Missionary On-line Recommendation form

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
cheerioboy

Changing language of Missionary On-line Recommendation form

Postby cheerioboy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:00 pm

We have a member of one of our Spanish wards whose on-line recommendation only comes in the unit language (Spanish), and she'd like it in English. The problem is we can't find a way to change the language. Is this a known problem, or are we (bishop of the ward, stake president, or stake clerk) missing something in configuring a missionary's recommendation when it's started?

Thanks for your help

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Changing language of Missionary On-line Recommendation f

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:09 pm

There's been an ongoing problem with lds.org picking the wrong language. I'd suggest she try going to lds.org, making sure the language is correct there, and then going to her missionary page. If that doesn't work, look for a "lang=" in the URL and change it to "lang=eng".
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:56 pm

After signing in to the Missionary Online Recommendation System, there is a dropdown box at the top right (next to the Sign Out link) entitled Select a Language. The current choices are English, Spanish, and Portugese.

Although the site will start in Spanish because of her assigned unit, she should be able to change it to English. I do not know if she will have to select English each time she uses the site, or if her language preference will be recorded.

If she is using a smaller monitor, the dropdown may be off the screen to the right, because the page does not seem to format properly within the confines of the monitor being used to view the page.

cheerioboy

Postby cheerioboy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Thank you for your responses. There is no "lang=xxx" in the URL, and the language selection button appears only when a leader logs into the Missionary On-line Recommendation site and not when the candidate logs in. We (stake president and stake clerk and her bishop) observed this today. This was Firefox 22.0 on Mac OS 10.8.4 with a wide screen. The missionary Web site recommends certain browsers (not Safari), so she used the Firefox browser.

I have observed the LDS.org Web site popping up with the "lang=spa" occasionally -- which language I rarely (almost never) use, except to test the lds.org Web site. I think it's because it shows up as a "popular" item, I suppose, though still puzzling.

adoga

Postby adoga » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:12 pm

We're having this same problem with a member. Anyone know how to fix this?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”