Member Lookup not returning the detailed listing

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
veehb

Member Lookup not returning the detailed listing

Post by veehb »

I'm a stake executive secretary and use Leader & Clerk Resources often, especially to find someone in the stake when I don't know which ward they are in. I find them using the "Member Lookup" function. I also like the additional information that is found with this function, i.e. Current calling, Priesthood, Age, and the same info for other members of the family.

Lately when I have selected the "Member Lookup" function it will return the name and then open a small box with the person's name, age, unit name, and phone number, and email. It used to then open a more informative box with additional information, including other members of his/her household. That box does not open anymore.

Is this a change to the system, or is there a bug in the system. Hope this function has not been removed as I found it very useful.
eblood66

Re: Member Lookup not returning the detailed listing

Post by eblood66 »

veehb wrote:I'm a stake executive secretary and use Leader & Clerk Resources often, especially to find someone in the stake when I don't know which ward they are in. I find them using the "Member Lookup" function. I also like the additional information that is found with this function, i.e. Current calling, Priesthood, Age, and the same info for other members of the family.

Lately when I have selected the "Member Lookup" function it will return the name and then open a small box with the person's name, age, unit name, and phone number, and email. It used to then open a more informative box with additional information, including other members of his/her household. That box does not open anymore.

Is this a change to the system, or is there a bug in the system. Hope this function has not been removed as I found it very useful.
When I type a name in the Member Lookup box it shows a list of members who's names match what I've typed. If I hover over a name then it shows the small box you describe. If I click on a name (or press enter while the name is selected) it loads the Member Information page which shows detailed information including contact information, birthdate, callings, ordinances and so forth.

As far as I can tell there hasn't been a change in how that works. But I'm a ward clerk and I have access to all membership information. The access table indicates that executive clerks on the ward and stake level do not have access to Membership Records or the Individual Ordinance Summary. It's possible that the recent update tightened up those rights and no longer shows that screen to executive secretaries.

What happens if you load the Member List from the Membership sub-menu and then click on a name? I get the full member Information page as well when I use that method.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”