Move Records Out feature

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
iamrkh

Move Records Out feature

Post by iamrkh »

Thank you to the developers for adding the ability to move records out using Leader and Clerk Resources. It's quick and simple to use. The feature that provides the default primary unit for a given address (plus allows you to select other units) is great.
mfmohlma

Re: Move Records Out feature

Post by mfmohlma »

I'll second this "thank you". Very helpful. Now, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I eagerly anticipate the ability to enter calling information. :)
crawil

Post by crawil »

I just moved my first member out of the ward from my home computer, sitting on my sofa. Wonderful! Thank you so very much!
Stillglade

Post by Stillglade »

One issue I have seen is that you can't move a record out to a specific ward if the exact address is unknown. This is possible with MlS though.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Stillglade wrote:One issue I have seen is that you can't move a record out to a specific ward if the exact address is unknown. This is possible with MlS though.
I'm for one think its a good idea that this can't be done as it forces the moving ward to get the address and ensures that the record is in the proper place.

I don't like receiving a record where there is no address it makes it almost impossible to find the member since we have nothing to go off of, and we ether end-up sending the record back to the previous ward or to the unknown file. We can not minister to a member if we don't know where they are.
showseason

Post by showseason »

I concur. Just recently we have received three records with the address of our ward building listed as the residence of the individual/family. Frustrating to say the least.
steveparsons1979

Post by steveparsons1979 »

Unfortunately this facility doesn't work for the UK because we don't live in a US state. It won't let us enter anything in that field and won't let us progress on from that part until we do. So, at the moment we can only move records on MLS. Am I doing something wrong or does this part need fixing on the website?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I contacted GCS about this at the beginning of this week. They responded that this is a known problem.
A couple of workarounds

1/. Change the "Select State or Province" option and enter England instead of UK. (This was their suggestion).

2/. Enter the new address in the members details and save. Then go through the Move Records options and select "The address is not changing" option. Then complete the rest as required. (I used this option before contacting the GSC).

3/. Use MLS as you've already been using!
Betacord360

Post by Betacord360 »

Can someone give me the link for moving records out? I've looked for 20 minutes and can't find the page. Thanks!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Betacord360 wrote:Can someone give me the link for moving records out? I've looked for 20 minutes and can't find the page. Thanks!
It's in LCR under Membership -> Move Records Out. the direct link is https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/records/mov ... ind-member

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”