Patriarchal Blessing recommend submission

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarchal Blessing recommend submission

Post by russellhltn »

janburton wrote:I have an lds account but when I put in my password and username I can't pull it up. Please can someone help me to get it. My user name is janburton and my password is [deleted].
Odds are it hasn't been digitized yet. You'll need to use the page to request it and wait for them to do it.

From the main lds.org page, click on "My Account and Ward" in the upper right. Select Patriarchal Blessing at the bottom of the left column. Then click on "My Blessings". From there, you should either see it or see the option to request it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dwarren

Post by dwarren »

I'm a bishop of a newer ward. I get an Access denied error for having insufficient permissions. Yet I am able to log into LCR and see what I should see there. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dwarren wrote:I'm a bishop of a newer ward. I get an Access denied error for having insufficient permissions. Yet I am able to log into LCR and see what I should see there. Any ideas?
Confirm that your stake is using the on-line system. Not all of them are.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Craigbdavis

Post by Craigbdavis »

I am a branch president in China - we do not have a PB recommend book and i cannot see how to get online to submitt a form so a young lady in my branch can go home to St George over the holidyas and get a Patriach Blessing. Does she need to have a recommend from me to show to the Patriarch in her old home stake??
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Craigbdavis wrote:I am a branch president in China - we do not have a PB recommend book and i cannot see how to get online to submitt a form so a young lady in my branch can go home to St George over the holidyas and get a Patriach Blessing. Does she need to have a recommend from me to show to the Patriarch in her old home stake??
In this situation it may be easier for you to write a letter of recommendation to her home bishop and stake president, certifying her worthiness, and requesting that they interview her and issue a recommend for her to obtain a patriarchal blessing while she is there. Make sure she has an Individual Ordinance Summary with her so that they can get the necessary membership information.

If you decide to try and issue the actual recommend, both you and a member of the mission presidency must sign it. You may be able to go online to print the recommend. Go to lds.org and sign in. Click on your name and on Patriarchal Blessing in the left column of the drop down menu. Because you are a branch president, you may get an option to issue a recommend and be able go print out the recommendation. You and a member of the mission presidency would sign it after interviews, and the patriarch will be able to give her a blessing.

But as I said at first, if you are not able to print out a recommend, I would try the letter.

You might also contact your priesthood leader or the Church country representative, as appropriate, and ask for their suggestions. They likely have dealt with this situation before and may have a process in place to assist you.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”