Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders Not Accessible

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Accessing CDOL through LDS.org

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:I am unable to access CDOL through LDS.org
I moved your post to the existing thread on the topic. In this post, JonesRK said that he would look into it. We never heard anything more on the topic from any Church employee.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Accessing CDOL through LDS.org

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:
lajackson wrote:I am unable to access CDOL through LDS.org
I moved your post to the existing thread on the topic. In this post, JonesRK said that he would look into it. We never heard anything more on the topic from any Church employee.
I looked into it some and the request wasn't even making it to CDOL, so I passed it along. It looks like I'll have to follow up and see why it hasn't been resolved.
drepouille

Re: Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders Not Access

Post by drepouille »

You beat me to it, Brother Jackson. I've been annoyed by that little bug for weeks.

Dana
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:You beat me to it, Brother Jackson. I've been annoyed by that little bug for weeks.
Well, thank you. But aebrown remembered that the subject had already come up before. Sharp as a tack, that fellow.

Hopefully, with a reminder, it is back on track to be fixed.
veehb

Re: MLS 3.5.1 Download Link Dead

Post by veehb »

The link to CDOL in LDS.org does not work (Friday, Dec. 28th, 5:30 PM). Used to be able to get to it through the Leadership Resources menu item. I was able to log on just now by logging on to cdol.lds.org as suggested below. As Stake Executive Secretary I use CDOL a lot to find other units outside our stake and leaders of same.

Will this link be activated in the future. Perhaps there is some development going on?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: MLS 3.5.1 Download Link Dead

Post by aebrown »

veehb wrote:The link to CDOL in LDS.org does not work
[Moderator note: This post was originally in the MLS 3.5.1 Download Link Dead topic; I moved it to the relevant topic.]

Please don't start a new issue in an existing topic; instead, find a topic that deals with your issue, or start a new topic.

As you can see from this topic, this is a broken link in the Leader Resources section of LDS.org; there are many other ways to access CDOL that you can use while we wait for the link to be fixed.
moberle

Post by moberle »

*BUMP*

I have been unable to access CDOL as linked from Cleark/Leader Resources for several days.

Have tried different PCs, FF and IE. No joy.

Is there an application/service status page anywhere on tech.lds.org where we can view app/service status? It would probably obviate the need for posts such as mine.

-Mike O
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

moberle wrote:Is there an application/service status page anywhere on tech.lds.org where we can view app/service status? It would probably obviate the need for posts such as mine.
Do you realise that the complaint is that the link is bad, not that the service is down. Have you tried going to cdol.lds.org? I tried it just now and it's working fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
moberle

Post by moberle »

Aw shucks, I guess I am just not as bright as you. :-) I should have been more specific. Of course a service status page would be nice in any case. :-)

I suppose I'll have to add these direct URLs to my own monitoring and stop using the leader resources.

Of course I can work around the link by going straight to the CDOL. Consider that if the leader resources links are broken and that is the launch point for most users then the broader perception is that the CDOL (or anything else linked) is broken.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

moberle wrote:...then the broader perception is that the CDOL (or anything else linked) is broken.
This is a good point, mostly because this particular bad link doesn't generate an obvious 404 or other error, it simply times out, implying the service you are trying to reach is not available.

The problem as I see it is the embedded links pointing to the CDOL page are far too verbose, and as such, are prone to errors. For those with appropriate callings, the link provided by the "Tools" drop-down (found at the top of most pages) for CDOL points to https://cdol.lds.org/cdol/security/login.jsf, when simply pointing to https://cdol.lds.org/ would accomplish the same thing, but remain immune to changes that affect the exact login URL; which, BTW, is what happened to the CDOL link on the Leader page, which is pointing to the outdated https://cdol.lds.org/cdol/sso/login.jsf login page.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”