Home Teaching and Visiting Teach Accessibility

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sloancpa

Home Teaching and Visiting Teach Accessibility

Post by sloancpa »

When when the home teaching reports and administration be available for leaders on LDS.org. I read somewhere that this will be address under a "different project", but nothing else what noted. Having this on LDS.org is one of the most important resources currently unavailable.
Bishop James Sloan
Monterey, California
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This is a common question asked in a number of threads and forums. The unfortunate answer is we don't know. This is one of those projects that is very illusive as to the scope and timeline. The Church historically does not normally release schedules. When permitted, the ICS people inform us of what they can. For the past few years very little has been released. We do know there are internal discussions and there is a likelihood of some aspect of HT/VT going online.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
deggertsen

Re: Home Teaching and Visiting Teach Accessibility

Post by deggertsen »

Is there a common thread that can be watched for any potential updates on this? I have been watching and participating in this issue for years, but still have no idea where to watch for updates.
jared.capson
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jared.capson »

I'd recommend you keep an eye on the LDS Tech homepage. This would be a big change, so they'd announce it there if it happens.
mevans

Post by mevans »

jared.capson wrote:I'd recommend you keep an eye on the LDS Tech homepage. This would be a big change, so they'd announce it there if it happens.
I'm sure if this happens that they'll be beta testing it before releasing it. I suggest watching the beta forums. I've seen things announced there and in testing before news of it ever hits the LDS Tech home page.

I'm guessing this might be intentional as a way of getting a group of people who frequent LDS Tech to test the waters before further publicizing things.

HT/VT is such a big item that they might select pilot stakes/districts and have them using a test system well before a larger audience is invited to participate.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This is a rare case where the beta clerk resources team did post a tentative [subject to change] projection of new items for that website. This topic is not on their radar in 2013. In fact, there is still no indication of access to the leader/mls tools online to anyone other than the Bishopric. There is some indication that a mobile tool is coming - that could be a time to include others than the Bishopric.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

JohnShaw wrote: there is still no indication of access to the leader/mls tools online to anyone other than the Bishopric.
The access table indicates access to the following ward leaders:
* Ward Bishopric Counselors
* Ward Executive Secretary
* Ward Clerk
* Assistant Ward Clerk
* Assistant Ward Clerk--Membership

I don't understand your statement, unless it is specific to some secret (read:Beta) HT/VT tool available only to Bishops...
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jcarroll wrote:
JohnShaw wrote: there is still no indication of access to the leader/mls tools online to anyone other than the Bishopric.
* Ward Clerk
* Assistant Ward Clerk

I don't understand your statement, unless it is specific to some secret (read:Beta) HT/VT tool available only to Bishops...
He's talking about access to things like rolls and reports (which already exist online) by quorum and auxiliary leaders. When he said Bishopric he meant the extended bishopric including clerks and executive secretary.
jcarroll

Post by jcarroll »

eblood66 wrote:
jcarroll wrote:
* Ward Clerk
* Assistant Ward Clerk

He's talking about access to things like rolls and reports (which already exist online) by quorum and auxiliary leaders. When he said Bishopric he meant the extended bishopric including clerks and executive secretary.
Oh.... yeah... I'm in the bishopric. I forgot. I agree 100%; as assistant ward clerk, the number one most frequent task I perform is to print the Members Moved In and Members Moved Out reports for ward council (recently added to lds.org/mls/mbr, but not lds.org/leader). Once this is available to the RS President, quroum president, etc. on their tablets, they won't need me for that anymore. Soon, my role (in this ward) will be automated and pre-loaded to the device in your pocket or on your lap. Sigh. Until then, I'll keep pushing paper... Happy Clerking!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jcarroll wrote:Oh.... yeah... I'm in the bishopric. I forgot. I agree 100%; as assistant ward clerk, the number one most frequent task I perform is to print the Members Moved In and Members Moved Out reports for ward council (recently added to lds.org/mls/mbr, but not lds.org/leader). Once this is available to the RS President, quroum president, etc. on their tablets, they won't need me for that anymore. Soon, my role (in this ward) will be automated and pre-loaded to the device in your pocket or on your lap. Sigh. Until then, I'll keep pushing paper... Happy Clerking!
Someone still has to generate those move in/outs :)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”