leader/clerk resources for out of unit leader

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
geowizrd4zion

leader/clerk resources for out of unit leader

Post by geowizrd4zion »

i have the directory application working so that i can select whether i see my home unit or my "out of unit leader" unit listed, however, i cannot find the same option in leader resources. in other words, when i am in either leader or clerk resources, i can only see my home unit, but i need to see the outside unit that i am currently serving in. do i need help, or is the option simply not available (and if not, why not)? thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would expect that you would only see the unit your are the leader of. You don't have a calling in your home unit, do you?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

RussellHltn wrote:I would expect that you would only see the unit your are the leader of. You don't have a calling in your home unit, do you?
hmmm...yes, i do. so it is not designed to be able to select the unit. are you suggesting that if my calling was removed from mls in my home ward that the online leader/clerk tools would switch to the outside unit? or would some additional step be necessary?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

geowizrd wrote:hmmm...yes, i do. so it is not designed to be able to select the unit. are you suggesting that if my calling was removed from mls in my home ward that the online leader/clerk tools would switch to the outside unit? or would some additional step be necessary?

I'm guessing that the developers expected everyone to only be a leader in only one unit. I would not expect you to have access to "Leader and Clerk Resources" for your home unit unless you were somehow a leader there as well. So a home ward calling could confuse things. So it sounds like you've encountered a bug, but I'm not sure how big of a bug. Is your home ward calling one that would allow you access to Leader and Clerk Resources?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

RussellHltn wrote:I'm guessing that the developers expected everyone to only be a leader in only one unit. I would not expect you to have access to "Leader and Clerk Resources" for your home unit unless you were somehow a leader there as well. So a home ward calling could confuse things. So it sounds like you've encountered a bug, but I'm not sure how big of a bug. Is your home ward calling one that would allow you access to Leader and Clerk Resources?

Yes, leader in one, asst. clerk in the other. If one is removed, will the other work?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

geowizrd wrote:Yes, leader in one, asst. clerk in the other. If one is removed, will the other work?

One way to find out.

I do find the arragement unusual. I'd think being a leader in another ward would be a "full-time" calling not laving much for the home ward. Some background might be helpful to convince the developers that your situation isn't an oddity.

stowelljr
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by stowelljr »

This feature has actually been on the road map for some time. We have implemented it and it is going through testing right now. You should be seeing it shortly.
Jeremy Stowell
QA Lead
Clerk Resources
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Support for multiple "supported" roles is now available in Clerk Resources (Membership functionality). Look for the "Select a Role:" drop-down menu on the right side of the screen: http://clerk.lds.org
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

jkitterman wrote:Support for multiple "supported" roles is now available in Clerk Resources (Membership functionality). Look for the "Select a Role:" drop-down menu on the right side of the screen: http://clerk.lds.org
wonderful! i used it today and it worked great, and that was before i even saw your post that it was available. please know that this is so timely and helpful...very much appreciated!!
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

geowizrd wrote:wonderful! i used it today and it worked great, and that was before i even saw your post that it was available. please know that this is so timely and helpful...very much appreciated!!

I'm glad to hear that, thanks for the feedback.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”