leader/clerk resources for out of unit leader

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
User avatar
geowizrd
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: littleton, co usa

leader/clerk resources for out of unit leader

Postby geowizrd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:42 pm

i have the directory application working so that i can select whether i see my home unit or my "out of unit leader" unit listed, however, i cannot find the same option in leader resources. in other words, when i am in either leader or clerk resources, i can only see my home unit, but i need to see the outside unit that i am currently serving in. do i need help, or is the option simply not available (and if not, why not)? thanks!

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20734
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:17 pm

I would expect that you would only see the unit your are the leader of. You don't have a calling in your home unit, do you?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
geowizrd
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: littleton, co usa

Postby geowizrd » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:06 pm

RussellHltn wrote:I would expect that you would only see the unit your are the leader of. You don't have a calling in your home unit, do you?


hmmm...yes, i do. so it is not designed to be able to select the unit. are you suggesting that if my calling was removed from mls in my home ward that the online leader/clerk tools would switch to the outside unit? or would some additional step be necessary?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20734
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:14 pm

geowizrd wrote:hmmm...yes, i do. so it is not designed to be able to select the unit. are you suggesting that if my calling was removed from mls in my home ward that the online leader/clerk tools would switch to the outside unit? or would some additional step be necessary?


I'm guessing that the developers expected everyone to only be a leader in only one unit. I would not expect you to have access to "Leader and Clerk Resources" for your home unit unless you were somehow a leader there as well. So a home ward calling could confuse things. So it sounds like you've encountered a bug, but I'm not sure how big of a bug. Is your home ward calling one that would allow you access to Leader and Clerk Resources?
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
geowizrd
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: littleton, co usa

Postby geowizrd » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:11 am

RussellHltn wrote:I'm guessing that the developers expected everyone to only be a leader in only one unit. I would not expect you to have access to "Leader and Clerk Resources" for your home unit unless you were somehow a leader there as well. So a home ward calling could confuse things. So it sounds like you've encountered a bug, but I'm not sure how big of a bug. Is your home ward calling one that would allow you access to Leader and Clerk Resources?


Yes, leader in one, asst. clerk in the other. If one is removed, will the other work?

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20734
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:42 am

geowizrd wrote:Yes, leader in one, asst. clerk in the other. If one is removed, will the other work?


One way to find out.

I do find the arragement unusual. I'd think being a leader in another ward would be a "full-time" calling not laving much for the home ward. Some background might be helpful to convince the developers that your situation isn't an oddity.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

stowelljr
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Postby stowelljr » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:37 pm

This feature has actually been on the road map for some time. We have implemented it and it is going through testing right now. You should be seeing it shortly.
Jeremy Stowell
QA Lead
Clerk Resources

jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: USA

Postby jkitterman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:58 am

Support for multiple "supported" roles is now available in Clerk Resources (Membership functionality). Look for the "Select a Role:" drop-down menu on the right side of the screen: http://clerk.lds.org
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org

User avatar
geowizrd
Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: littleton, co usa

Postby geowizrd » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 pm

jkitterman wrote:Support for multiple "supported" roles is now available in Clerk Resources (Membership functionality). Look for the "Select a Role:" drop-down menu on the right side of the screen: http://clerk.lds.org


wonderful! i used it today and it worked great, and that was before i even saw your post that it was available. please know that this is so timely and helpful...very much appreciated!!

jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: USA

Postby jkitterman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:38 pm

geowizrd wrote:wonderful! i used it today and it worked great, and that was before i even saw your post that it was available. please know that this is so timely and helpful...very much appreciated!!


I'm glad to hear that, thanks for the feedback.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org


Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest