"vacant" positions for Primary Presidency--not correct

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
HansG

"vacant" positions for Primary Presidency--not correct

Post by HansG »

On lds.org, under Organizations/Auxiliaries/Primary, I see all the positions under the following groupings:
--Primary Presidency
--Primary
--Cub Scouts
--Scouting
--Activity Days

All four positions under "Primary Presidency" show, in the NAME column, "Calling Vacant"

But under the Primary grouping, the presidency shows up, with the correct names assigned to the positions.

Does anyone know why that would be that way? The positions are entered correctly in MLS.

Thanks.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

hansg wrote:On lds.org, under Organizations/Auxiliaries/Primary, I see all the positions under the following groupings:
--Primary Presidency
--Primary
--Cub Scouts
--Scouting
--Activity Days

All four positions under "Primary Presidency" show, in the NAME column, "Calling Vacant"

But under the Primary grouping, the presidency shows up, with the correct names assigned to the positions.

Does anyone know why that would be that way? The positions are entered correctly in MLS.

Thanks.

It sounds like they are entered as custom positions rather than standard positions. See the Callings article on the wiki for more information and how to use the Custom Position Review tool to correct this.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

PM me your unit number and I can look into it. My guess is it is either custom positions as eblood66 suggests, or MLS 3.4.3 not working nicely with the CDOL and Clerk Resources updates to prepare for MLS 3.5
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

JonesRK wrote:PM me your unit number and I can look into it. My guess is it is either custom positions as eblood66 suggests, or MLS 3.4.3 not working nicely with the CDOL and Clerk Resources updates to prepare for MLS 3.5

I'd go with the second part of the scenario, as at the moment I'm finding various callings all out of sync, with what I believe is the preparation for the MLS 3.5 rollout.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I would believe the second part of the scenario also. Had a planning meeting last night with one of our units (planning for their ward conference next week) and the Bishop remarked that much of his membership data for positions were scrambled when he tried to come up with his sustaining list.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

JonesRK wrote: or MLS 3.4.3 not working nicely with the CDOL and Clerk Resources updates to prepare for MLS 3.5
It is definitely a MLS 3.4.3 vs 3.5 issue. Those primary presidency positions are new. MLS 3.4.3 doesn't know about the new groups so it sent them up under primary instead of primary presidency.
HansG

Post by HansG »

JonesRK wrote:It is definitely a MLS 3.4.3 vs 3.5 issue. Those primary presidency positions are new. MLS 3.4.3 doesn't know about the new groups so it sent them up under primary instead of primary presidency.

That's good to know, thank you.
shspackman

Post by shspackman »

I have updated callings on MLS 3.5 and they show up there and in the directory on LDS.org but they do not show up under Clerk Resources : Calling by organization. Is there a refresh that I am missing? They are standard callings, ie RS Presidency.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

shspackman wrote:I have updated callings on MLS 3.5 and they show up there and in the directory on LDS.org but they do not show up under Clerk Resources : Calling by organization. Is there a refresh that I am missing? They are standard callings, ie RS Presidency.
They are likely under Relief Society instead of the Presidency, because they were created with MLS 3.4.3.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

JonesRK wrote:They are likely under Relief Society instead of the Presidency, because they were created with MLS 3.4.3.
I see the same problem in my Ward!

What would be the procedure be, to get the RS Presidency back into sync? A Unit data refresh?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”