? access for Relief Society leaders,

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dack327

? access for Relief Society leaders,

Post by dack327 »

Hello,
My sweetheart is our ward Relief Society president and at this point has no access to the leader and clerk resources option in the tools menu. This may have been addressed before but I was hoping for an update on when the relief society might get access? Although I understand that remote access to visiting teaching functions is not yet available a Relief Society President has enough ward wide responsibility in maters of both church welfare and counseling that interacting with MLS remotely would be a big help.

Thanks a lot

-Dan
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Until the Visiting Teaching function is added there is no reason for the RS President to have access.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dack327 wrote:My sweetheart is our ward Relief Society president and at this point has no access to the leader and clerk resources option in the tools menu. This may have been addressed before but I was hoping for an update on when the relief society might get access?
Organization leaders have not yet been given access to the Leader & Clerk Resources. We expect this will be added at some future date.
dack327 wrote:Although I understand that remote access to visiting teaching functions is not yet available a Relief Society President has enough ward wide responsibility in maters of both church welfare and counseling that interacting with MLS remotely would be a big help.
There are no welfare functions yet on Leader & Clerk resources. And as you stated there are no HT/VT capabilities beyond MLS yet. Most of the tools available on Leader & Clerk resources are membership tools similar to the "view membership", "edit membership", and "administrator" rights in MLS. The relief society president would normally only be given "organization" rights in MLS. And it makes sense that since the tools online closely correlate to MLS user rights that there is nothing yet for the RS president to access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:...[T]here is nothing yet for the RS president to access.
I have to adjust this statement after looking a bit closer at each tool currently available. I can see two reports, "Callings by Organization" and "Birthday List", that may be of use to the RS president. Those reports could be tailored for the RS organization when the RS president does gain access to Leader and Clerk Resources.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We are just about to enter our third year of waiting for the answer to your question. Im sure it is just aroumfd the corner, any day now... :)
Dont forget rolls as another reason for the access.......
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
paullambson

Re: ? access for Relief Society leaders,

Post by paullambson »

"members without calling" would also be helpful, says my sweetheart as she stands over my shoulder. To be clear we are having this discussion as ward RS president and stake clerk.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

paullambson wrote:"members without calling" would also be helpful, says my sweetheart as she stands over my shoulder. To be clear we are having this discussion as ward RS president and stake clerk.
We, the community, don't get a vote in what reports will be made available to the different organization leaders. That is determined by the sponsoring department. In this case I believe that would be the Priesthood Department. But if you would like, you can provide your input by submitting it through the feedback link on the LDS.org main page.
JD Lessley
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

paullambson wrote:"members without calling" would also be helpful, says my sweetheart as she stands over my shoulder. To be clear we are having this discussion as ward RS president and stake clerk.
One of the reasons that this usually goes through the clerk, is that the list is often filtered for various reasons. So people don't qualify/won't accept. Some others are already on track for another calling, etc.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I expect that in the future (hopefully sooner rather than later) the LDS.org tools available to everyone will "learn" from the ease of use of the Clerk Resources tools. In other words, everyone will have access to "Clerk Resources", but for some members it will only be the membership list, etc. This is speculation on my part, but I sure hope they update the LDS.org Directory tool to make it as friendly as the Clerk Resources member list tool.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”