Lost Access to Leader Tools

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
justinrudd

Lost Access to Leader Tools

Post by justinrudd »

As Ward Exec. Secretary (ES) I frequently use the online Leader tools. Last week while I noticed the Leader Resources link was gone from my menu. I looked at the online ward directory and I was no longer listed as ES. I thought that was weird so I went into the church and got on MLS. Sure enough, MLS didn't have me listed anymore as ES either. After half-jokingly asking the Bishop if I had been released and being assured I had not, I corrected MLS and pushed up the changes to church headquarters. I don't know if someone explicitly/accidently made this change locally in MLS or if something happened centrally.

By the next morning the online directory had me listed correctly as ES. And within a couple days I once again had access to the Leader Resources. All was good... I thought.

Yesterday once again my link to Leader Resources was gone, and sure enough I'm not listed as ES anymore in the online directory. However, this time I am still listed as ES in MLS. I removed and re-added myself and pushed the change. This morning the online directory is still wrong and of course no access to the Leader resources. Now that I think about it, I could have tried removing myself, pushing changes, then adding me back to the calling and pushing again.

In any case, this is annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any way to know which end the problem is occurring on (MLS or centrally)?
genman

Post by genman »

justinrudd wrote:I looked at the online ward directory and I was no longer listed as ES.
I haven't seen that before. Were you the only one missing from the online directory? It sure doesn't sound like someone inadvertently doing it at MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just for fun, you might want to look at the move-in date on your record. If it was moved out for any reason, you'd be "released", even if it was immediately moved back in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:Just for fun, you might want to look at the move-in date on your record. If it was moved out for any reason, you'd be "released", even if it was immediately moved back in.
And if that is the case then your clerk or quorum secretary may need to add you back into your home teaching assignment.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”