Leader tracking for Duty to God program?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Leader tracking for Duty to God program?

Post by russellhltn »

JohnWeymouth wrote:PLEASE make it happen!!!
There is no one in the forum who can make that happen. Your two options are the feedback link on the main lds.org site and sending it up your priesthood leadership chain of command.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JohnWeymouth

Post by JohnWeymouth »

Thanks I know. I already posted feedback on the Duty To God page. I was hoping a decision maker peruses this forum and might see my post.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Let's Remember that there exists a ton of resources around the Young Men program that doesn't exist for women. For Example, YM can be tracked across ordinations between deacon, teacher, priest, elder. The YW have NONE of this. When a group priotitized a list of who do we do first YM or YW, I am very glad, personally, that the YW got the effort first.

Secondly, there doesn't seem to be an effort to dedicate any kind of development right now. We aren't hearing anything about maps, calendar, directory, newsletter, etc.... mobile tools are minimally coming out..... it feels like the church is waiting to figure out where we're going.

What we do see is a ton of development on lds.org - I don't know what this means, but the lack of attention to the online tools seems like a very LOUD silence.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
JohnWeymouth

Post by JohnWeymouth »

I'm not sure I follow how the YM had a technology advantage for a period of time. YW don't have tracking for ordinations because they aren't ordained. The way I see it they have a TON more tools for tracking than we do. I'm not saying they shouldn't have these tools. Rather I'm saying everyone needs these tools. The data is available, we just need the ability to report on it. (I probably sound like a jerk and if I do I apologize - I'm not terribly familiar with all the technology that is available but I'm in IT and know what I'm hoping to get would be easy to put into production).
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

JohnShaw wrote:...Secondly, there doesn't seem to be an effort to dedicate any kind of development right now. We aren't hearing anything about maps, calendar, directory, newsletter, etc.... mobile tools are minimally coming out..... it feels like the church is waiting to figure out where we're going.

What we do see is a ton of development on lds.org - I don't know what this means, but the lack of attention to the online tools seems like a very LOUD silence.
A big +1...very strange.
Church employees were such an active part of this forum. It was so nice to get that feedback from those involved in the development work. They may linger...but don't actively post like they used to.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dshepher wrote:Church employees were such an active part of this forum. It was so nice to get that feedback from those involved in the development work.
It was the developers. I thought they were just in heads-down development mode, but it's been awhile.....

One thing worth pointing out: each development project is done according to the sponsoring department's specifications. So Personal Progress was developed according to the direction of the YW presidency. So some differences is because it's answering to a different leaders then D2G.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

The LDS.org home page has an article today about things youth can do with an LDS Account. It mentioned Duty to God. Is this something new that just showed up and what people have been looking for? Or has it been there for a while and people are looking for additional capabilities?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:The LDS.org home page has an article today about things youth can do with an LDS Account. It mentioned Duty to God. Is this something new that just showed up and what people have been looking for? Or has it been there for a while and people are looking for additional capabilities?
The ability for young men to record their own progress has been on the site for quite a while. What people are mostly looking for is a way for leaders to see that progress for the youth. That is still not possible.
waynecooke

Post by waynecooke »

Just give the leaders, with appropriate safeguards, access to the records of the YM within their stewardship.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

waynecooke wrote:Just give the leaders, with appropriate safeguards, access to the records of the YM within their stewardship.
To whom is this statement addressed? While the community is a consumer of the site, we are not the client. The client is the site's sponsoring church department (General Young Men Presidency and Board? Priesthood Department?). Therefore the decision to make this happen rests with the church department sponsoring the Duty to God site. ICS programmers can not implement this capability without direction from the client.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”