Individual Ordinance Summary - Member Access

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
greenwoodkl

Individual Ordinance Summary - Member Access

Postby greenwoodkl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:00 pm

I would like to submit a feature request to allow member's access to their own IOS on LDS.org. It would save paper and delays in getting in touch with the ward clerk.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Since you submitted this in the Leader and Clerk Resources forum I doubt this feature would be available to the general membership from either of these applications since they do not have access to either of the applications. This would need to be available in some other section or another menu item similar to the Patriarchal Blessing added to the sign in menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 am

jdlessley wrote:Since you submitted this in the Leader and Clerk Resources forum I doubt this feature would be available to the general membership from either of these applications since they do not have access to either of the applications. This would need to be available in some other section or another menu item similar to the Patriarchal Blessing added to the sign in menu.

But nonetheless, the IOS is currently available through Leader and Clerk Resources. That's the only web application that makes the IOS available in any form. So although it would involve some other access method for individual members, this is as good a place as any to submit the suggestion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Gary_Miller

Postby Gary_Miller » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:44 am

I would think this could be in the form of a simple PDF attachment to the individual in the directory, since that all it is in the Clerk Resources.

PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Postby PartridgeRM » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 am

Good suggestions. We'll add them to our backlog.

Gary_Miller

Postby Gary_Miller » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 am

You guys at HQ ROCK!!!!!!!!!

son_of_will

Postby son_of_will » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:46 am

I too would like this feature.

What is the process whereby requests like these get approved and implemented? Should we expect it in several weeks or months from now?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:30 am

son_of_will wrote:What is the process whereby requests like these get approved and implemented? Should we expect it in several weeks or months from now?

I don't know the exact process, but it's clear that items on the backlog get prioritized. Those that get assigned a high priority go through an approval process, and the approved, high priority items get implemented when the development team gets to those items. Some items get implemented in weeks or months, and some items that were put on various product backlogs two or three years ago are still not implemented and may very well never be implemented.

A feature like this is clearly in the "nice to have" category -- not an essential feature -- so if I were you, I would not have any expectations at all. When it gets implemented (if that ever happens), we'll be notified in some sort of release notes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”