Default cursor location on Member List

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
showseason

Default cursor location on Member List

Post by showseason »

Sorry if previously covered but could not find anything.

I use the member list a lot and it would be nice if the cursor defaulted to Find member in list: location, instead of having to click there and wait for it to appear (which seems a but slow already).
Al
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

What system/browser are you using? On my desktop system (W XP and FF/IE8) the cursor is not automatically positioned anywhere. As I mouse over the menu bar items the menu item list drops down and I have to move the cursor to a drop-down menu item in order to click-select. There is a yellow highlight that appears over "Request Records" but I see no functionality of that highlight. Until the mouse pointer is actually moved over a drop-down menu item there is no click-select possible.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
showseason

Post by showseason »

I am using Chrome but have tried IE too. In Clerk's Resources I select the Membership and then Members List in the drop down menu. The Members List comes up but the cursor is no where to be found until I click on the space following Find Member in list. The field becomes active and then I can start entering a name. Since that is the only field I usually use, it would be nice to have it active when first getting into the form. A little thing I know but it bugs me.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

showseason wrote:I am using Chrome but have tried IE too. In Clerk's Resources I select the Membership and then Members List in the drop down menu. The Members List comes up but the cursor is no where to be found until I click on the space following Find Member in list. The field becomes active and then I can start entering a name. Since that is the only field I usually use, it would be nice to have it active when first getting into the form. A little thing I know but it bugs me.
One option with Chrome would be to write a simple user script that puts the focus there for you.
genman

Post by genman »

showseason wrote:I am using Chrome but have tried IE too.... the cursor is no where to be found until I click on the space following Find Member in list... A little thing I know but it bugs me.
I second that. It seems intuitive that the cursor should be in the field by default so that you can immediately start typing a name. Same issue with Firefox as with IE and Chrome. Little things like that can add up when you use the site frequently. Going to Membership>MemberList is done very frequently. I submitted this suggestion via Submit Feedback link on the lower left of the Clerk Resources page. Seems small, but should also be easy to fix, and would be appreciated.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add this for the next release.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”