Same menu item, different names?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Same menu item, different names?

Post by jdlessley »

These are minor differences but I thought I'd ask.

On the Leader Resources site menu and the Clerk Resources site menu are two differently named menu items with the same available selections. On Leader Resources the item is named Applications and on Clerk Resources it is named Resources. Why are they named differently?

While I'm asking, there are other minor differences between the two sites. On Leader Resources the top LDS.org menu line includes the user welcome text, sign out link, language selection link, news media link, and Church Websites navigation button. The Clerk Resources site does not include the Church Websites navigation button. Why is that?

The final insignificant difference is the web browser tab title. On the Clerk Resources site the title is "Clerk Resources". On the Leaders Resources site the title is "LDS.org - Leader's Experience".

Just curious ...
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Thanks for the feedback. I know it's a little confusing, and we're working on fixing this in the near future. As you mentioned, there is a lot of overlap in the menus of the 2 applications. Most of the links in the menu go to pages in the Clerk Resources application.

Leader Resources is a completely separate application. It has a larger audience, and maintains it's own links to the Clerk Resources application. It can take a little bit of time for changes in the Clerk Resources menu to sync through, and end up in the Leader Resources menu.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”