Leader and Clerk Resources menu items missing

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
KenRichins

Leader and Clerk Resources menu items missing

Post by KenRichins »

I have lost ALL Leader Resources on the new site. Lucky I had this site saved as a favorite. IT appears that it does NOT know I am an assistant stake clerk or hold any leadership callings!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It appears that they have combined the Sign In button with the Tools menu. Before signing in, the Sign In button is a drop-down menu list. After signing in, the Sign In button displays your user name. Clicking it displays the Tools menu. But as KenRichins has noted the Leader Resources and Clerk Resources are missing. Access to each application is still available after signing in, they just are not listed as a menu item any more.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

It looks like you beat me to it. See my post about the changed "Tools" menu. The best way to get there is to use the shortcut clerk.lds.org
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

It looks like the Clerk / Leaders resources now appear as a menu item under the sign-in button, similar to how they were displayed under the tools menu before.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

One giant leap backwards
genman

Post by genman »

When I try to access lds.org from home, the new displaying of Clerk Resources works similar to the way it did before, except that the list is under the SignIn button instead of under a Tools menu. In other words, before actually signing in, the Clerk Resources is not on the list; after signing in, it is on the list. That's what it used to do too.

However, I noticed that when trying to access lds.org from work (i.e. behind a good firewall), I don't see the SignIn button at all. Not sure if that is due to the firewall or due to just a temporary service outage when I tried. Prior to this, I was impressed how much of the lds.org applications could be accessed at work from behind a firewall. With this change, not so impressed.

Thanks for posting the workaround about going to clerks.lds.org instead. I noticed that once there the old Tools menu is still in place and I can get to the other apps that way without having to remember all of the URLs for all the different lds.org apps.

When I first saw this change to the SignIn button, I thought it was interesting, because it looked less cluttered at the top level, and new users won't have to know to look under Tools, which is not necessarily intuitive, and because the button with your name on it in-effect feels like a "my.lds.org". However, not to go all Industrial Engineer on you, but another downside to doing it this new way, is that you have to do one more mouse button click compared to the old way.

Old Way: 1) Sign In; 2) Tools; 3) Clerk Resources
New Way: 1) Sign In; 2) Sign In; 3) Click Your Name; 4) Clerk Resources.

This last point may not be a big deal, except if you have 250,000 people having to do an extra aim & click every time they SignIn, that starts to add up.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Not all pages in LDS.org have the new "header" layout/style yet. You'll still see the old Tools menu, style, etc. in Clerk Resources for a little while longer...
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”