Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops:

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops:

Post by sbradshaw »

jcquade wrote:I am a Branch President. Is there an easy way to access handbook 1 online currently I go through leadership resources on lds.org which is a bit clumsy is there an app I can download to put it into my Gospel Library
If you have an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch) then Handbook 1 is available in Gospel Library (make sure you're signed into the app with your LDS Account). If you have Android, Handbook 1 isn't currently available in the app but will be in the next major update (Gospel Library 4.0). There is a "preview" version of Gospel Library 4.0 available that you can sign up for (not yet feature-complete, but it has Handbook 1).

If you don't mind having to connect to the internet to get Handbook 1, you can bookmark/pin a shortcut to the LDS.org Handbook to your home screen. The process may be different depending on your type of device and your web browser. It would be faster than navigating your way through LDS.org.
paulv wrote:My calling is stake executive secretary but I cannot access handbook 1. I always get directed to Handbook 2. Can you help?
I'm not sure if executive secretaries are supposed to have access. They're not listed in the distribution list for physical copies at the beginning of Handbook 1.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The iOS version of the Gospel Library app has HB 1 located under the Leadership selection. HB1 is only seen by those with the appropriate calling. You must be signed in to the app. Initially, when selected the HB can take a little while to download.
jpitcher

Post by jpitcher »

Can handbook 1 be accessed on the Samsung Galaxy s7 phone? Thinking of getting that phone for Christmas for my family member that is a Bishop, but wondering if the handbook 1 is accessible on it as he can't seem to access it on his kindle which is also an android device.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jpitcher wrote:Can handbook 1 be accessed on the Samsung Galaxy s7 phone?
Not yet. The device has to run on iOS. I have been hearing for a while that Handbook 1 will be accessible on Android "soon", but in reality I have no idea when and I am not holding my breath.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Via a web browser, I'm sure it can. Via LDS Tools Gospel Library, not yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
Via a web browser, I'm sure it can. Via LDS Tools, not yet.
*Gospel Library :)
Last edited by sbradshaw on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jpitcher wrote:Can handbook 1 be accessed on the Samsung Galaxy s7 phone? Thinking of getting that phone for Christmas for my family member that is a Bishop, but wondering if the handbook 1 is accessible on it as he can't seem to access it on his kindle which is also an android device.
If all goes well, Handbook 1 will be available in the newest version of Gospel Library for Android starting on Monday [for members whose calling allows them access].
Last edited by sbradshaw on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:
russellhltn wrote:
Via a web browser, I'm sure it can. Via LDS Tools, not yet.
*Gospel Library
You'd think I'd get that straight by now.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
McLaughlinES

Post by McLaughlinES »

Authorized leaders can access the online Handbook 1 by logging into "LDS.org" then on the main page of "Leader and Clerk Resources" on the left under communications in the access to the handbook. It will probably never be in Gospel Library as there is no way to restrict it's use to the approved leaders.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

McLaughlinES wrote: It will probably never be in Gospel Library as there is no way to restrict it's use to the approved leaders.
It is available in the Gospel Library IOS version, for leaders with the appropriate callings.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”